BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would you post bail for her ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 82>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:42pm
Is she out yet?
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

No we don't know that she could have easily just found someone. Someone in her socioeconomic situation could have easily had a precarious childcare situation with no time to find someone suitable to watch her baby. The same can be said for the woman in the story.  I will never suggest leaving your child in a car unattended is the right decision however she had a bunch of bad options and made the one she felt most comfortable with. Now that money has been raised for her as well and people trying to find her job leads she will hopefully never have to make such a decision again. 

Now you know you are just not living in reality here.

In 2001 when Sasha was a baby Barack was a lawyer, professor and a state senator. Michelle was on maternity leave (and also a lawyer).

You honestly believe that 2 people in their position, making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, with a vast personal, political, and business network could not possibly find one person to watch their child? Even at the very last minute?

Like I said, there may not have been anyone right at that moment that she wanted to watch her baby, but that's different than saying there wasn't anyone at all. Sorry Michelle and Shanesha are not the same.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

It was acknowledged....over and over

ad nauseum.

We're actually arguing about whether or not this lady deserves any compassion or understanding.  Keep up NitaLOL

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Apr 01 2014 at 2:46pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

AZ provides child care for people in shelters.....

DES Child Care Services may be provided for the following eligible activities or needs:

1. Residency in a homeless or domestic violence shelter.

And these shelters are always open for mothers of children who have an interview in the morning?  Guaranteed admittance?  Again - what was the situation the day of the interview.  We are only trying to figure out if she had an option readily available not whether or not her final decision was the right one. 

Wonderland also pulled up a charity in AZ that will watch children for interviews tho...
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yeah LA is expensive....damn

well I never plan on living there so I am good lol

$4k - $8k a month is more than most folks' mortgage

And here 4-8k might get you a 1 bedroom shack that's 100 years old and in a horrible neighborhood.

Childcare is one of the many reasons I don't understand most people's decision to have children. You already can't afford your own housing/food/healthcare and now you want to add childcare to the mix? Seems crazy to me.
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:48pm
Huh? Everyone I think has acknowledged that she shouldn't have left them in the car. Who hasn't? 

You can have compassion for a situation without agreeing with the end decision. THAT is what so many of us have been making the point about. 

If I steal ramen noodles to feed my starving children, yes I am wrong for stealing, but it's possible to acknowledge a wrong doing while also having compassion and understanding for why someone did what they did. 

Not everyone knows that CPS wont take your kids away for being homeless. I didn't. I can DEFINITELY see why someone would not want anyone to know their situation if they thought their kids were going to be taken away. 

I've dealt with CPS and gov assist before NOTHING in their demeanor would make me think they were even remotely on my side, and giving away too much information does more harm than good....and I have a very hard time believing that CPS would ignore an infant and a toddler living with their mom in an SUV. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:48pm

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

AZ provides child care for people in shelters.....

DES Child Care Services may be provided for the following eligible activities or needs:

1. Residency in a homeless or domestic violence shelter.

And these shelters are always open for mothers of children who have an interview in the morning?  Guaranteed admittance?  Again - what was the situation the day of the interview.  We are only trying to figure out if she had an option readily available not whether or not her final decision was the right one. 

Wonderland also pulled up a charity in AZ that will watch children for interviews tho...

Okay where is it?  Is it in the whole state of Arizona or just in the city she lives in?  Was it 30 minutes away or 4 hours?   Did they have a space for her two kids the day and time of her interview? 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:51pm
Sandra I think what you mentioned about pride may have a lot to do with this.

A lot of people don't want to go the homeless shelter, or the food bank, or ask family/friends for help. It's not that they can't, it's that they won't.

If that was the case with her welll...this is a hard way to learn.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yeah LA is expensive....damn

well I never plan on living there so I am good lol

$4k - $8k a month is more than most folks' mortgage

And here 4-8k might get you a 1 bedroom shack that's 100 years old and in a horrible neighborhood.

Childcare is one of the many reasons I don't understand most people's decision to have children. You already can't afford your own housing/food/healthcare and now you want to add childcare to the mix? Seems crazy to me.

yeah a co worker told me an apartment in San Fransisco was $5k a month

I was like no way lol
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

No we don't know that she could have easily just found someone. Someone in her socioeconomic situation could have easily had a precarious childcare situation with no time to find someone suitable to watch her baby. The same can be said for the woman in the story.  I will never suggest leaving your child in a car unattended is the right decision however she had a bunch of bad options and made the one she felt most comfortable with. Now that money has been raised for her as well and people trying to find her job leads she will hopefully never have to make such a decision again. 

Now you know you are just not living in reality here.

In 2001 when Sasha was a baby Barack was a lawyer, professor and a state senator. Michelle was on maternity leave (and also a lawyer).

You honestly believe that 2 people in their position, making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, with a vast personal, political, and business network could not possibly find one person to watch their child? Even at the very last minute?

Like I said, there may not have been anyone right at that moment that she wanted to watch her baby, but that's different than saying there wasn't anyone at all. Sorry Michelle and Shanesha are not the same.

I have plenty of friends who are very upper middle class who run into childcare issues. So yes I am living in reality. Nowhere did I suggest they were the same. I was simply making the point that if someone of Michelle's status had a time where she had a childcare issue then it's easy to see why a homeless single Mom would be in such a situation where she was would such a dangerous and risky decision.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 82>