Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you post bail for her ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Would you post bail for her ?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 82>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 02 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 90599
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


where do you live maysay? lol

1k-2k a week? damn

I live in the suburbs (in the DC metro area) and a $400 week day care isn't in the hood lol


Los Angeles.

Child care, like everything else, is expensive if you want it to be good. And don't get started on your special daycares/preschools that do language immersion and college prep.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Merin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 19 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 23368
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Merin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

Michelle Obama was in a bind. A prospective employer wanted to interview her for an executive position, but she was home on maternity leave and still breast-feeding her newborn second daughter. "I didn't have a babysitter," Obama recalls now, with an unapologetic shrug. "So I went in there with the stroller and did the interview. And Sasha slept through it, thank goodness."




Thank you.

This is actually a good example about how sometimes we're in situations of our own making. Michelle Obama did not lack any resources...you and I both know she easily could have found someone to watch her child. She probably didn't want anyone else to watch her young baby but her mother or Barack, but she was not anywhere near Shanesha's situation. Instead she chose to forgo all the other options available to her and take her baby to an interview.

I get that Shanesha was desperate, but she was still wrong. And sometimes our choices are limited because of the decisions we ourselves have made. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.



No we don't know that she could have easily just found someone. Someone in her socioeconomic situation could have easily had a precarious childcare situation with no time to find someone suitable to watch her baby. The same can be said for the woman in the story.  I will never suggest leaving your child in a car unattended is the right decision however she had a bunch of bad options and made the one she felt most comfortable with. Now that money has been raised for her as well and people trying to find her job leads she will hopefully never have to make such a decision again. 
Back to Top
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 06 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 280852
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:34pm

yeah LA is expensive....damn

well I never plan on living there so I am good lol

$4k - $8k a month is more than most folks' mortgage

Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 116446
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I see no one touched my question tho.
What was she going to do if she got the job?


Sandy would you be surprised to find out that you qualify for more programs if you have a job than you do without one?  You wouldn't believe that would you?  I decided to answer anywayLOL
You don't have to be employed to receive child care assistance in AZ......look at that.....LOL


You have to have an address to get assistance everywhere and you have to show income to get a place to live.  I'm not sure if you really think its this easy.  We don't know how she got to that point or how long she was at that point but on the day of the interview she had no job, no childcare and no place to live.  If she had skipped the interview this would be a whole other thread. 

Back to Top
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 30 2013
Location: BroooooookLYYYN
Status: Offline
Points: 22679
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I see no one touched my question tho.


What was she going to do if she got the job?
 
come to think of it...she probably wouldn't get childcare until she finds a place. aren't childcare providers legally obligated to report situations like these? if she gets childcare and they find out she's homeless CPS would probably take the kids away. they'd probably be in the car for a while. i see your point.


Actually, homelessness in and of itself is not enough to remove kids. You have to be homeless and endangering or neglecting your children in some way. If you're homeless but your kids still show up to school everyday and don't have any obvious medical or nutritional problems, your kids won't get taken.
 
oh. previous point stands then, she'd get childcare lol
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 116446
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:


I get that Shanesha was desperate, but she was still wrong. And sometimes our choices are limited because of the decisions we ourselves have made. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.


Agreed.  This is why these debates go on forever.  We don't listen to each other.  Out of the multitudes of people posting in this topic damn near every almost zero of them said she shouldn't have left the kids in the car. 
Back to Top
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 08 2007
Location: Escarpin
Status: Offline
Points: 446740
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by Merin Merin wrote:

Michelle Obama was in a bind. A prospective employer wanted to interview her for an executive position, but she was home on maternity leave and still breast-feeding her newborn second daughter. "I didn't have a babysitter," Obama recalls now, with an unapologetic shrug. "So I went in there with the stroller and did the interview. And Sasha slept through it, thank goodness."




Thank you.

This is actually a good example about how sometimes we're in situations of our own making. Michelle Obama did not lack any resources...you and I both know she easily could have found someone to watch her child. She probably didn't want anyone else to watch her young baby but her mother or Barack, but she was not anywhere near Shanesha's situation. Instead she chose to forgo all the other options available to her and take her baby to an interview.

I get that Shanesha was desperate, but she was still wrong. And sometimes our choices are limited because of the decisions we ourselves have made. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.



No we don't know that she could have easily just found someone. Someone in her socioeconomic situation could have easily had a precarious childcare situation with no time to find someone suitable to watch her baby. The same can be said for the woman in the story.  I will never suggest leaving your child in a car unattended is the right decision however she had a bunch of bad options and made the one she felt most comfortable with. Now that money has been raised for her as well and people trying to find her job leads she will hopefully never have to make such a decision again. 


Michelle's friends may have been at work, Momma Robinson might have been out of town visiting her nephew, Barack might have been out of town as well....not everything is of somebodies own doing.  Sometimes circumstances just arise in an inconvenient way.   I've had someone whose socialeconomic situation is quite fine tell me about their difficulty finding childcare and I offer my services bc I know that is hard.
Back to Top
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 184122
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:


Child care, like everything else, is expensive if you want it to be good.

my sister used to say that child care was the one thing she didn't want at a bargain LOL

(the sky's the limit)


Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 01 2014 at 2:41pm
Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 116446
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

AZ provides child care for people in shelters.....

DES Child Care Services may be provided for the following eligible activities or needs:

  1. Residency in a homeless or domestic violence shelter.


And these shelters are always open for mothers of children who have an interview in the morning?  Guaranteed admittance?  Again - what was the situation the day of the interview.  We are only trying to figure out if she had an option readily available not whether or not her final decision was the right one. 


Back to Top
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Sep 25 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 277093
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 2:41pm
It was acknowledged....over and over
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 82>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down