Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would you post bail for her ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 79808182>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 2:51am
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/shanesha-taylor-accepts-court-deal-county-drops-child-abuse-charges/

Shanesha Taylor Accepts Court Deal, County Drops Child Abuse Charges

by Teronda Seymore — Jul 19, 2014

Shanesha Taylor, the Arizona mother who was arrested after leaving her two kids in a car while she interviewed for a job, will have her case dismissed if she completes parenting and substance-abuse classes and establishes education and childcare trust funds for each of her three children.

“Based on all the facts and circumstances in this matter, we believe this agreement represents a just resolution that appropriately holds the defendant accountable for her actions while also recognizing the best interests of her family,” says County Attorney Bill Montgomery said in a statement. “The stipulations of this agreement also ensure that pledges of support from members of the public will have a meaningful and positive impact,” he adds.

The online community raised more than $114K to help with legal fees and other expenses. Taylor is required to put $30,000 in the trust for her kids.

If Taylor doesn’t meet the agreement’s terms – of which she has to submit proof – criminal charges will be reinstated. Taylor faced a minimum of two years probation for the two counts of child abuse.

Montgomery didn’t say whether he believed Taylor had a drug problem but did say it isn’t unusual to require substance-abuse classes in child abuse cases.

When Judge Joseph Welty asked Taylor if the deal was something she wanted to do, she simply replied, “Yes, your honor.”

“This is a beautiful resolution to a very long, very hard journey,” Taylor told reporters Friday morning, hours after entering the agreement.

Taylor’s children remain with family and under the supervision of the Division of Child and Family Services.

Sponsored Links

cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:45pm
Wishes her all the best!
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:47pm
Oh and kudos to her Legal team
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I wouldn't.....sorry.....people can never find a sitter for job interviews but will be at the club......

Too many shelters and programs for single moms......you live like this I feel like its by choice....

Those poor babies could have died and if y'all don't think she wasn't in a bad situation before those babies were born y'all full of it......

*walks out ducking and dodging*

Agreed. If this was a white woman, you guys would have no sympathy.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 4:55pm
^I sho wouldn't! They have enough people jumping to give them sympathy and the benefit of the doubt in life.

Good for her and hopefully the charges stay off her record and she turns things around with this support. The kids have a trust fund and she has no record.Clap
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 8:29pm
Her smile made me smile. I am so happy for her.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 8:52pm
I am happy she will have her kids back AND the money will be used for their future well-being. I am glad.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 9:06pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 9:07pm
Substance abuse? Was she an addict?
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Substance abuse? Was she an addict?

When there is a allegation of child abuse they ask you to submit to a drug test even if the neglect is not based on the parent being a drug addict.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style