BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would you post bail for her ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 82>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

You have to kill their mama too if its going to be equal

You're right, I'm buggin.
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Are there jobs that have maternity leave but not sick days and vacation days?
Cause....I don't understand the argument here.

Depends on how you look at it. There are jobs that don't provide sick days or vacation days or maternity leave but if you get pregnant you can get temporary disability from your state. The difference being a non-pregnant worker has to actually be sick to get that same temporary disability.

My only argument is that everyone should get the same amount of time off. So if the job offers sick days, vacation days, and maternity leave to a parent then a nonparent should also get ssick days, vacation days, and leave (that is the same amount as maternity leave).
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

But Maysay, if you did decide one day that you wanted to have a child, it would suck if you felt that you weren’t ALLOWED to because you used all of your leave. I hope as you grow, you get out of your “welp, that’s life.. deal with it; I did” mentality, because I feel like you have a lot of experiences that you could share to touch other people’s lives if used in a positive way; especially the children that are having similar experiences to your own.

And yes, the way you were treated SUCKS and it sucks that it was such an ordeal for you to access your short-term disability, but  your past injustices shouldn’t be a reason for you to lack empathy for other people’s situations that are unique from  your own.  Arguing for extended short-term disability is different than saying women who don't have kids should have extended time to go to Miami.

While I’m pro-choice, it would break my heart to hear a woman, who wanted to have children, felt forced to abort because she had used up her sick leave earlier in the year because of lupus/a sickle cell episode/ flu.

Clap

That would be awful. 
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Depends on how you look at it. There are jobs that don't provide sick days or vacation days or maternity leave but if you get pregnant you can get temporary disability from your state. The difference being a non-pregnant worker has to actually be sick to get that same temporary disability.

My only argument is that everyone should get the same amount of time off. So if the job offers sick days, vacation days, and maternity leave to a parent then a nonparent should also get ssick days, vacation days, and leave (that is the same amount as maternity leave).

What state do you live in ?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:24pm

not that I know of
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:24pm
I know at my job they have this pool where we can donate days to people who may need them.
Like if someone gets really sick or they have to take a long time off they can take from the pool.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:25pm

I know at my job they have this pool where we can donate days to people who may need them.
Like if someone gets really sick or they have to take a long time off they can take from the pool.

my GF used donated leave when they adopted . That was nice of her co workers.

Edited by PurplePhase - Apr 01 2014 at 5:26pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

But Maysay, if you did decide one day that you wanted to have a child, it would suck if you felt that you weren’t ALLOWED to because you used all of your leave. I hope as you grow, you get out of your “welp, that’s life.. deal with it; I did” mentality, because I feel like you have a lot of experiences that you could share to touch other people’s lives if used in a positive way; especially the children that are having similar experiences to your own.

And yes, the way you were treated SUCKS and it sucks that it was such an ordeal for you to access your short-term disability, but  your past injustices shouldn’t be a reason for you to lack empathy for other people’s situations that are unique from  your own.  Arguing for extended short-term disability is different than saying women who don't have kids should have extended time to go to Miami.

While I’m pro-choice, it would break my heart to hear a woman, who wanted to have children, felt forced to abort because she had used up her sick leave earlier in the year because of lupus/a sickle cell episode/ flu.

I don't really see how I'm lacking empathy. I want things to be better for EVERYONE. The little energy I do have is spent making a difference in my community. I vote for more taxes and social support even at the expense of myself because I don't benefit from any of them.

I don't see how me thinking that people should make the best choices they can in their given circumstances is lacking empathy. Especially when I'm sitting in those circumstances with them and actively trying to help.

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:31pm
I think some compaines are breaking the law based on what i am reading . President clinton and Obama passed bills for maternity leave and non parents . Read your employer handbook .

What It Took to Pass the FMLA

The FMLA had its roots in debates over a California law mandating maternity leave for childbirth. After a federal district court in 1984 struck down that law as sex discrimination against men, Congressman Howard Berman, a Democrat from California, sought help from the National Partnership for Women & Families, then the Women's Legal Defense Fund, in framing a bill that would require employers to grant maternity leave.

Instead, the National Partnership put forward the idea of a broader leave that would not only meet the needs of new mothers, but address a wider range of work/family conflicts affecting both women and men.

To advocates for women's issues and civil rights, the existing maternity leave programs were flawed in several ways. First, there was no national policy toward maternity leave, just a thin patchwork of state and employer programs. Second, working women—and men—needed job-protected time off not only when babies were born, but also for adoption and in times of family illness. Third, a focus on maternity leave alone risked jeopardizing advances that had been won in the fight against sex discrimination (such as the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978).

Edited by india100 - Apr 01 2014 at 5:33pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

people with health problems and high medical bills DO get tax breaks once their medical bills reach a certain amount, and also can be reimbursed through FSAs

If you're a young (under 65) low-income childless worker like myself then it's actually not that helpful because in order to use it you have to itemize your deductions which doesn't make sense if you don't have kids, a mortgage, etc.

And using an hsa/fsa isn't really feasible for a low-income worker because then the money cannot be accessed for bills like rent and food. That can be especially hard on a childless person because government programs are not there to act as a safety net if you find yourself homeless or hungry.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 82>