Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would you pay for your own engement ring?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:26pm
Umm No.  It defeats the purpose of getting an engagement ring, which is a formal agreement by two people to get married. 
Also, I don't believe in financing an engagement ring longer than the actual engagement.  I just think its stupid.  The person that is requesting the hand in marriage should know his/her financial limits.
Sponsored Links

Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:37pm
no
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:42pm
The 1st guy that proposed to be told me that he would buy my ring and I had to buy his and we exchange. I was just gassed that he proposed then when I told my mom she straight up flatten that balloon quick and told me I was out my mind to even consider that nonsense. She was like then the marriage will be all about if I buy something then you gotta buy something. The light bulb turned on and I declined his proposal and lost all feeling for him that day. It was strange. Its like the love was lost and never to be found since that day.

The 2nd guy that proposed was handsome and could knock the socks off me in the bedroom. He proposed and got me a princess cut diamond. AGAIN I was gassed up hyped and went to work and showed all my co-workers. I really didn't know much about diamonds at the time I was about 22. So one co-worker was like Suga lets take it down the street and get it appraised. She was older so she must've saw something in the ring just wasn't right. Yall that ring was fake as hayell. Even the appraiser laughed. I was pissed but ended it that day after work.

The final and now hubby HEARD all my previous stories and came at me CORRECT. I get compliments every single day about my ring and I ain't paying for SHAT!!!

Edited by sugabanana - Oct 23 2013 at 2:42pm
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:49pm
aww suga, what did they say/do after u broke up with them?
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by patternsandtexture patternsandtexture wrote:

Well, I'm the guy so I would and I'm the one marrying her. So, yes I would buy the ring and purchase her a house and all of that.  I'm not the most traditional thing, but I like to live good and happy and I freely give to those who love me, so why not.
I know who u are now
Fraiche2Death View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraiche2Death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:02pm
CryLOL

Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

If I were marrying my car or the Eiffel Tower or some other inanimate object on some ignit shyt that only white people do.

So I guess my answer to this question is "No."
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

aww suga, what did they say/do after u broke up with them?

They took it hard but I just shrugged my shoulders and said there's more where you came from.  I was young and cute.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:38pm
Hay guise....gimme sum gud sites to lookit engagement rangs. 
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:51pm
No I wouldn't pay for my own ring. 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 5:03pm
I absolutely would not...and yet all of my sisters have. I don't know what's wrong with them.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic