Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:21pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

I think college is great, but I think the academics of just became way too commercial and for upward mobility to higher brackets of money vs true academics and the truth worth of learning. I'm more self taught and it's easier for me to understand then someone talking to me and expecting me to do homework and I noticed I keep the majority of the information far better if just debate and learn arguments and counter arguments. Writing papers aren't no big deal for me and it keeps me focus. So when I do make the move I'll have to be there for a year before going back to school, but probably do a trade or something new just for an extra hustle.
if you go to uni and you come out knowing just your one subject then you're a bigger idiot than what you were when you went in

however people love to critique the higher ed argument by saying that exactly, (you're just versed in your one subject) however learning to critically appraise data, or as you say it in simpler more layman's terms, to counter one argument with another, is an essential life tool that is invaluable to our individual existence as we digest information from all sources

most higher ed graduates leave uni with that essential skill

Sleepy You didn't read my whole post. I basically said it became more commercial and is not what it once was. You just added words to what I was saying. Of course you don't go to college and be versed in one subject, this is not a trade. What I'm saying that schools definitely in America is far too capitalistic. It's not what it once was, not in the early 1900s, not in the 1800s, definitely not what it once was in Timibiktu. College should not just be as a economic mobility like how people treat it and I do have friends who treat it as such with degrees, but expanding the mind and becoming better as a human being and etc.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:26pm
Spin-off

How many of you with degrees are underemployed or unemployed ?

Samone make the threadLOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:27pm
what????

education has always been seen as an end to economic advantage

what planet you living on?
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:30pm
Especially when black folk in this country weren't even allowed to have an education!

photo 1688177_orig_zps091f3ed7.jpg
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:33pm
LMAO.....Ive seen this shirt......
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

what????

education has always been seen as an end to economic advantage

what planet you living on?

No...not every profession, some professions were for the fruits of research and studying to understand human history, biology and etc. Pure academics.

Hence why I said Timbkutu for reference if you're gonna say black people were denied. They weren't denied education there. And mostly it was for pure academics. Universities are pretty ancient.

Edited by iliveforbhm - Apr 08 2014 at 2:35pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I guess I just have a problem with one person's newfound self esteem leading to the degradation of another's.

born again anythings typically = overly preachy fun snatchers...boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Apr 08 2014 at 2:37pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Spin-off

How many of you with degrees are underemployed or unemployed ?

Samone make the threadLOL

i'm now retired...
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:44pm
Damn ..

Congrats TC ..

That's me in ten years

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon