Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:25pm
Higher education is a wonderful thing.

How about 'the powers that be' stop bullsh*tting and stop putting a price on knowledge, resources, and human dignity.
The purpose of school, and what you learn there would drastically change.

Edited by Derri - Apr 08 2014 at 1:26pm
Sponsored Links

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:28pm
I love the way Derri speaks! the last sentence you wrote is so true
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:34pm
yea but I love how she dismisses the part about setting a strategic goal for yourself and achieving it. That ads value to anyone's life no matter if it's represented by a college degree, electricians journeyman card, or whatever personal triumph you achieved.
Is the post-secondary educational system overrated? Certainly, however right now, it's the number one indicator for upwardly mobile financial achievement in this country, like it or not ;-)
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:38pm
Come on trudawg, you really did not notice that you missed the context of what I said just to highlight one line?
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:47pm
lawd beyonce was so gorgeous back then.

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Afro.....im just mad at the idea he thinks he attractive enough to be a trophy husband......that where I stopped reading......

I'm simply amazing boo

trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:49pm
Which is why i agreed that it's overrated, however you seem to be purposely missing the overall point of a degree. It's symbolic of the inner-achievement that one has accomplished. The paper degree is but a by-product of that ambition. Yes, its entirely unfortunate that this paper product puts many in financial debt to realize their abilities, but it is what it is

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:51pm
SOME of you love to use degrees to boost self worth.....Ive noticed that......its interesting......

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Apr 08 2014 at 1:51pm
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:55pm

paper degree = diploma

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:56pm
I indeed understand the point of a degree. Goal setting and realizing that goal shows discipline, a skill that is very important for human life.

Perhaps I was not clear so let me say what I said in another way.

I've noticed that some people think of themselves more valuable THAN THE NEXT because of their educational path. This could to be due to the relationship between education and resources. If you developed, and are proud of your discipline to follow through with higher education that is wonderful. However, you are not of
MORE VALUE than someone else because of that, but you sure are more disciplined than you were before. So good for you.

It was really a passing comment that you ran with because one line rubbed you the wrong way.

My bigger thought then, was that the educational system is in place as a machine to keep the resources in the hands of but a few, and that we aren't learning anything that takes us out of those hands and that machine.

Edited by Derri - Apr 08 2014 at 2:01pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:57pm

name names

20 page push
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
  Share Topic