Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:16am
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

juici you are one of those that ask people where they went to school two seconds after they tell you their name

Actually no! I make sure not to ask 'Where did you go to school' (would have to assume that they went) or 'What do you do' (maybe they do not want to discuss work at a social event). I don't tell folks where I went to school unless they ask/it comes up in natural conversation either.

p.s. People here have a really bad habit of asking 'What do you do?' two seconds after meeting lol

I think it's just a way of playing negro geography...figuring out who you know in common.  

...and my answer to this question is idk.  At this stage, I'd be more concerned about his salary and career progression.  Let's not act like in general those who are not college educated and who do not have advanced degrees generally make more money than those who are.  Those are just facts that can't be disputed.  Yeah there are always those anecdotal stories but in general life in certain cities doesn't work that way unless your parents have a business you can get into or you can get into a union job in certain industries that pay well or find a track early on..  Or sometimes you can still make good money w/o the degree but to be the boss one day, you'll need that paper.

My dh's bf just started working on his college degree and he has been making $$$$$$ for years.  My BIL dropped out of HS but eventually did go to college.

I want my kids to be college educated so it'll be easier if both of us are college educated. 

Edited by EPITOME - Apr 08 2014 at 5:32am
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Whether a man has a College Degree or not, he will be intimidated by a woman making more money than he does.

Not nowadays. There's a lot of men out there that prey on financially successful women. They assume if shes single & makes more $$ than he does she's gonna handle all the bills and not ask him for anything. This is a win win for most black men in 2014. Especially the younger generation

I need a woman like this and I'll save all my money up from work. I'll even cook and clean up.
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:35am
Yes, I would.  A degree is preferable but don't need it to be successful.  Haven't read the thread so no idea if we still on topic. 
LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 9:22am
i have three degrees... my husband has none....
he now makes more than some with a degree..
but it wasnt always like that..
it took some hard work
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:17am
Yes. If I met someone who made a career out of the military...of course I would date him. 
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I gotta get ready for bed y'all. I got a full day of learning & training to hand out gub'ment cheese and settling.Stern SmileLOL

why you going to bed so early? You just a SW.. aint like you doing sh*t with your life

File:Dead gif.gif

LOLLOL
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Whether a man has a College Degree or not, he will be intimidated by a woman making more money than he does.

Not nowadays. There's a lot of men out there that prey on financially successful women. They assume if shes single & makes more $$ than he does she's gonna handle all the bills and not ask him for anything. This is a win win for most black men in 2014. Especially the younger generation

I need a woman like this and I'll save all my money up from work. I'll even cook and clean up.

Hmmm. You can't be serious? Please tell me your not serious
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

It's unlikely that a man with no degree would be confident enough to seriously date me. 
That's that slow Bbuuuurn YG.LOL

Better not end up with a nicca that work at Famous Footwear......

He wouldn't go for me. My coworker said I look like I "have requirements"

You lose those when you see yourself getting old as hellLOL
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

People and their egos are too much, and I find
school and ego goes hand in hand a lot of the time, like the value of
their life went up or something.

Well in actuality, it did! Just like anyone who sets a strategic goal and took the requisite steps to achieve that goal.Wink

It is your perception that the value of your life went up by going to school.
The 1% with control of earth's resources also feel like they are
More valuable than you because of that.

What's true in a game is true...only for the game.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 10:58am

It's unlikely that a man with no degree would be confident enough to seriously date me. 
That's that slow Bbuuuurn YG.LOL

Better not end up with a nicca that work at Famous Footwear......

He wouldn't go for me. My coworker said I look like I "have requirements"

You lose those when you see yourself getting old as hellLOL

settling for anything

CC
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair