Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:44am
such a weird question question for someone who doesn't have a degree and has rubbed shoulders with plenty conglomerate ceo's who don't as well. 
Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:59am
Yes
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:48am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

such a weird question question for someone who doesn't have a degree and has rubbed shoulders with plenty conglomerate ceo's who don't as well. 
lol

I love answers like these

You're the flight attendant right?
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Whether a man has a College Degree or not, he will be intimidated by a woman making more money than he does.

Not nowadays. There's a lot of men out there that prey on financially successful women. They assume if shes single & makes more $$ than he does she's gonna handle all the bills and not ask him for anything. This is a win win for most black men in 2014. Especially the younger generation

Edited by Majesty02 - Apr 08 2014 at 2:03am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Whether a man has a College Degree or not, he will be intimidated by a woman making more money than he does.

Not nowadays. There's a lot of men out there that prey on financially successful women. They assume if shes single & makes more $$ than he does she's gonna handle all the bills and not ask him for anything. This is a win win for most black men in 2014. Especially the younger generation

juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:37am
I agree majesty idk about older black men but the younger ones love when they girl takes care of them.
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 4:06am
Yes
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:16am
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

juici you are one of those that ask people where they went to school two seconds after they tell you their name

Actually no! I make sure not to ask 'Where did you go to school' (would have to assume that they went) or 'What do you do' (maybe they do not want to discuss work at a social event). I don't tell folks where I went to school unless they ask/it comes up in natural conversation either.

p.s. People here have a really bad habit of asking 'What do you do?' two seconds after meeting lol

I think it's just a way of playing negro geography...figuring out who you know in common.  

...and my answer to this question is idk.  At this stage, I'd be more concerned about his salary and career progression.  Let's not act like in general those who are not college educated and who do not have advanced degrees generally make more money than those who are.  Those are just facts that can't be disputed.  Yeah there are always those anecdotal stories but in general life in certain cities doesn't work that way unless your parents have a business you can get into or you can get into a union job in certain industries that pay well or find a track early on..  Or sometimes you can still make good money w/o the degree but to be the boss one day, you'll need that paper.

My dh's bf just started working on his college degree and he has been making $$$$$$ for years.  My BIL dropped out of HS but eventually did go to college.

I want my kids to be college educated so it'll be easier if both of us are college educated. 

Edited by EPITOME - Apr 08 2014 at 5:32am
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

Yup. If she even looks like she does, he will stay away from her. 

yall know some weak ass men
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

I need a woman like this and I'll save all my money up from work. I'll even cook and clean up.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
  Share Topic