Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I have had people start a conversation and then tell me what degree(s) they have or are working on

I have been introduced and had people immediately state my education after they say my name (in an informal setting)

I chuckle(d) for both

Hmmm. Here in LA I have met people who barely got my name and want to know what I do for a living. If I am not working in the same area as then or my verbal resume doesn't impress them, they are done chatting with me.

Sponsored Links

Findingmyme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Findingmyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Originally posted by Findingmyme Findingmyme wrote:

Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Originally posted by Findingmyme Findingmyme wrote:

Yes, you may not find happiness, chemistry, love, etc with someone with a degree. Those things are far more important than a degree.

I agree that a love match cannot be found in all degreed people. I guess my line of thinking is:

-A degree is not more important than happiness/chemistry/love...
-However, if you can find all of the above plus a degree...that's ideal (for me), and the world is big enough/one has enough options to get the full package if they desire it.

Absolutly! The goal is to find the total package!!! It just might not work out that way lol

LOL-- sidenote, I wonder how I would react if I found myself falling in love with someone who's the complete opposite than what I'm looking for? I'm a Virgo, so I tend to listen to my head rather than my heart--I don't see myself doing a 180... stranger things have happened though!

I'm a Virgo to, and from past experience the live was not strong enough! Lol! But looking back it was prob just Lust!
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

I also tend to notice those who discredit degrees the most consequently lack them. TBH, I was one of them before I invested the time an effort into getting them myself.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Since we are doing all of these dating/marrying threads, can someone make a 'Would you date a man who was a recovering drug addict' thread? Evil Smile

Stern Smile is this a serious question?

why dont you make these threadsLOL

gwon!! do itEvil Smile
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

People and their egos are too much, and I find school and ego goes hand in hand a lot of the time, like the value of their life went up or something.

Well in actuality, it did! Just like anyone who sets a strategic goal and took the requisite steps to achieve that goal.Wink
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:40pm

btw what exactly is that in your avi cc..Dead

ive been meaning to ask you that for a minute
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:44pm
oh and of course i would...
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

@sexyandfamous - so you think that social workers really wanted to be lawyers and doctors but chose that field because it was easier?

and they have to "settle" for being social workers? wow! what a slap in the face and total disrespect to those fields.

No, I do not. But I have met people (foster kids) who have done that: they wanted to be lawyers but settled with what they thought would be easier such as social work.

Wow,?
Social, could mean so many--- things like Sociology, Social Astrophysics, and Social Gerontologists.
Social does not mean EASY work… and NOT math...trust me…

I don't say much... but bhm is about hair and social change within our BLACK community

That was Bold of you tho...
I love BHM... and understand my audience

They don't play...
A lot of us---- are in the helping field

hmmmm...

Edited by mommykat - Apr 07 2014 at 10:48pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:56pm

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

It's unlikely that a man with no degree would be confident enough to seriously date me. 
That's that slow Bbuuuurn YG.LOL

Better not end up with a nicca that work at Famous Footwear......
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 10:59pm

Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

It's unlikely that a man with no degree would be confident enough to seriously date me. 
That's that slow Bbuuuurn YG.LOL

It's true, a lot of men out here want a damsel in distress who they need to help out so they feel useful. I know a woman who said she was going to start lying about being broke so men don't feel threatened by her LOLLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
  Share Topic