Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

juici you are one of those that ask people where they went to school two seconds after they tell you their name

Actually no! I make sure not to ask 'Where did you go to school' (would have to assume that they went) or 'What do you do' (maybe they do not want to discuss work at a social event). I don't tell folks where I went to school unless they ask/it comes up in natural conversation either.

p.s. People here have a really bad habit of asking 'What do you do?' two seconds after meeting lol

Edited by juicifruit89 - Apr 07 2014 at 8:41pm
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

If you get a PhD in Sociology or Social Work you can't really expect to be successful.
If you are willing to study that many years for such a sh*tty degree, you might as well try Medical School.

what makes it a sh*tty degree?

a degree that has a lower chance of jobs with a high paying position (100k+ yearly).

And it also matters from where you got the degree, therefore, grades are important too.

people who enter social work aren't exactly in it for the money...that would be the same as questioning why anyone would want to teach, if degree worthiness is based on salary.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

I also tend to notice those who discredit degrees the most consequently lack them. TBH, I was one of them before I invested the time an effort into getting them myself.

i don't think that's been the trend in this thread
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:45pm

juici you are one of those that ask people where they went to school two seconds after they tell you their name

lol this has never happened to me.. do you think its considered rude like religion? i wouldn't know how to react if someone complimented my nails then asked about my schooling
Findingmyme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Findingmyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:47pm
Yes, you may not find happiness, chemistry, love, etc with someone with a degree. Those things are far more important than a degree.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

@sexyandfamous - so you think that social workers really wanted to be lawyers and doctors but chose that field because it was easier?

and they have to "settle" for being social workers? wow! what a slap in the face and total disrespect to those fields.
Girl, leave it be. Many people assume all social workers do is hand out cheese and take kids.LOL

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Findingmyme Findingmyme wrote:

Yes, you may not find happiness, chemistry, love, etc with someone with a degree. Those things are far more important than a degree.

I agree that a love match cannot be found in all degreed people. I guess my line of thinking is:

-A degree is not more important than happiness/chemistry/love...
-However, if you can find all of the above plus a degree...that's ideal (for me), and the world is big enough/one has enough options to get the full package if they desire it.
Findingmyme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Findingmyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

I agree that a love match cannot be found in all degreed people. I guess my line of thinking is:

-However, if you can find all of the above plus a degree...that's ideal (for me), and the world is big enough/one has enough options to get the full package if they desire it.

Absolutly! The goal is to find the total package!!! It just might not work out that way lol
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:59pm

Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Absolutly! The goal is to find the total package!!! It just might not work out that way lol

LOL-- sidenote, I wonder how I would react if I found myself falling in love with someone who's the complete opposite than what I'm looking for? I'm a Virgo, so I tend to listen to my head rather than my heart--I don't see myself doing a 180... stranger things have happened though!

Edited by juicifruit89 - Apr 07 2014 at 9:01pm
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 9:26pm

I have had people start a conversation and then tell me what degree(s) they have or are working on

I have been introduced and had people immediately state my education after they say my name (in an informal setting)

I chuckle(d) for both

that's awkward as hell

@ spokenword... that's like fed who think cops couldn't have it..or doctors who think theyre above nurses
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic