Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:19pm
sure

jr.
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:28pm
As long as he has a thirst for knowledge and truth, and seeks to build his environment up I could care less if he went to post secondary or not. I know an identity cannot be found on paper.

I worked in real estate and all of my clients who were doctors and lawyers wanted me to call them Dr. so and so. But wait, we are not in your office, you are in my office, secondly, you are not my Dr. and you are not at work so why must the person selling you a home call you Dr. or judge?

'I am a DOCTOR, so when are you coming to collect this Sold sign off my property???'

People and their egos are too much, and I find school and ego goes hand in hand a lot of the time, like the value of their life went up or something.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

I also tend to notice those who discredit degrees the most consequently lack them. TBH, I was one of them before I invested the time an effort into getting them myself.

Living in the D.C. area, virtually everyone and their mama are college-educated (we're a major public policy/research/political hub, so we tend to attract those with advanced degrees). It's just a way of life/normal here, I guess. This area is very classist, with those without the degree being concentrated in blue-collar/administrative positions. Degrees have opened plenty of doors for plenty of people in this town, especially for positions that require them.

Completing a degree program is an amazing personal achievement, and shows commitment at completing a long-term project--people may complain about the debt, but I think very few truly regret going to college.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:36pm

juici you are one of those that ask people where they went to school two seconds after they tell you their name
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Completing a degree program is an amazing personal achievement, and shows commitment at completing a long-term project--people may complain about the debt, but I think very few truly regret going to college.

^^THIS!!!^^
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

juici you are one of those that ask people where they went to school two seconds after they tell you their name

Actually no! I make sure not to ask 'Where did you go to school' (would have to assume that they went) or 'What do you do' (maybe they do not want to discuss work at a social event). I don't tell folks where I went to school unless they ask/it comes up in natural conversation either.

p.s. People here have a really bad habit of asking 'What do you do?' two seconds after meeting lol

Edited by juicifruit89 - Apr 07 2014 at 8:41pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:41pm

lol okay

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

If you get a PhD in Sociology or Social Work you can't really expect to be successful.
If you are willing to study that many years for such a sh*tty degree, you might as well try Medical School.

what makes it a sh*tty degree?

a degree that has a lower chance of jobs with a high paying position (100k+ yearly).

And it also matters from where you got the degree, therefore, grades are important too.

people who enter social work aren't exactly in it for the money...that would be the same as questioning why anyone would want to teach, if degree worthiness is based on salary.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

I also tend to notice those who discredit degrees the most consequently lack them. TBH, I was one of them before I invested the time an effort into getting them myself.

i don't think that's been the trend in this thread
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol this has never happened to me.. do you think its considered rude like religion? i wouldn't know how to react if someone complimented my nails then asked about my schooling
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
  Share Topic