Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

If you get a PhD in Sociology or Social Work you can't really expect to be successful.
If you are willing to study that many years for such a sh*tty degree, you might as well try Medical School.

what makes it a sh*tty degree?
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:43pm
@Beatrice, sure someone doing Social Work are thinking of helping people but a man with that degree won't really be able to provide for his family, and he might have to settle working as a social worker because too many people choose that career since it is "easier" than Law or Medical school.

College isn't everything if you don't do more than just go to college. I see that in the faces of money people studying with me. They have crappy grades because they are in college to please their parents or get some money from financial aid or because they simply think college is enough to achieve something. It is like they think that graduating from any college will open a million doors. The counselors at my college are supposed to have a masters in Psychology. They are complete morons, you cannot be helped by them. They clearly hate their job and couldn't care less about the students' needs, but hey, they got a degree hanging somewhere in their house.

If a man is talented and also has ambition, but his choice of career is to be a singer or actor, I see little use in going to college. If a man has ambition and knows how to network, and he wants to be a businessman and already has a business, college may help a bit, but everything is literally on him, so might as well save the money.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

If you get a PhD in Sociology or Social Work you can't really expect to be successful.
If you are willing to study that many years for such a sh*tty degree, you might as well try Medical School.

what makes it a sh*tty degree?

a degree that has a lower chance of jobs with a high paying position (100k+ yearly).

And it also matters from where you got the degree, therefore, grades are important too.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:53pm
But you could absolutely be successful with a Ph.D. in Social Work if you have the ambition to do so. It's...strange...to say that someone who doesn't have a degree could be successful but a person with an advanced degree could not. It all depends on the person.

And a DSW or Ph.D. in Sociology aren't easier than a J.D. No Ph.D. is easy. Both paths are very research-driven and require a strong technical element. I don't know much about DSW careers but sociologists are always useful at marketing firms, in government, policy think tanks, lobbying groups, etc. It's a matter of how you make use of your degree more than anything else.
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:57pm
@sexyandfamous - so you think that social workers really wanted to be lawyers and doctors but chose that field because it was easier?

and they have to "settle" for being social workers? wow! what a slap in the face and total disrespect to those fields.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:58pm
She is entitled to her opinion tho......LOL
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:02pm
I think a lot of the blacks that enter into social fields are afraid of math and science.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:02pm
I also tend to notice those who discredit degrees the most consequently lack them. TBH, I was one of them before I invested the time an effort into getting them myself.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:03pm
phd in social work... wouldn't make you a social worker, etc..? there are many positions in social services and that degree can translate well in other industries

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 8:06pm
jeez
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>