Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:52pm
going to college does not equal monetary. A degree / education is something that no one can take from you. It’s the experience, growth, parties , etc ... that can provide tools for life so that you can follow your bliss,

“ follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.” Campbell
Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:59pm
If he's got ambition and isn't ignorant, I could but I chose to have a man with the papers.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:00pm
Yes....if he is in an industry that does not require a degree, namely IT or business. I just need him to be smart. We need to be able to converse. He also needs to be aware that there is a big beautiful world out there, and have some desire to see it.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:11pm
Yes I dated a guy that I assumed had a degree,didn't even ask for awhile because he was making a good living. We saw a friend of his at a restaurant one day and he said they went to school together and it was high school,I was like oh pass the salt.
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

If you get a PhD in Sociology or Social Work you can't really expect to be successful.
If you are willing to study that many years for such a sh*tty degree, you might as well try Medical School.

Well people have various ideas of what it means to be successful. Surely a person who pursues a Ph.D. in Social Work isn't doing it for money. Maybe doing what they love, researching something that they feel has a great impact, impacting people's lives, etc.

Ultimately, people have to plan. A degree can't do work for anyone. Work ethic, intelligence, adaptability, and the strength of one's network all factor into how one fares in life. After all, who thought that there would be so many unemployed/underemployed/underpaid lawyers?
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I know it's a repost but it's dry.

yay
nay
doesn't matter

feel free to expand the topic

Yes, a lot of successful entreprenuers and computer/IT experts that I know I know did not finish college. I dont gave a dam bout a degree if you are making moves.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:33pm
I was on the way there....
But he didn't finish school because he got an internship in his field and progressed from there.

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:34pm
Yep.....degree doesn't mean you will be successful......
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Yep.....degree doesn't mean you will be successful......
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 7:39pm
I remember when I was in college of fresh out of college, my friend introduced me to this guy that was just entering the construction industry under the tutledge of his father. I liked him but he was boring and he had a weird afro/flat top thingy going on. The boring part was really the most relevant b/c he never wanted to do anything but sit on the phone and I wasnt down for all of that at 18-21 or how ever old i was. 10 yrs later, he and I were both in my friend's bridal party and his wife was a bridesmaid too and she was an at home wife in a huge, gorgeous home. I dont remember the details but i think that his dad retired and he took over his dad's construction company right around the time that they started dating.
She knew enough to ignore the fact that he was boring as hell and to lock that downLOL His afro/flat top was gone and the man is now fyne as hell!!! lol

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 07 2014 at 7:40pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic