Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would You Marry Someone w/ No College Degree?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:16pm
i dont want my husband to have hustle in his vocab
Sponsored Links

BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:17pm
All these college grads working minimum wage/low-paying jobs...

Not pressed. Intelligence, stability and life experience are a must.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:17pm
mhm
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Yes.

The only man who I would have ever remotely considered marrying didn't have a degree but was just as intelligent as someone with a degree and provided for us just fine.

Well said. ITA. A college degree does not make the man. Cause there's tons of men out there wit college degrees that are still lazy as h*ll and treat their women like crap. Trust me I know from experience. My ex had a degree from a prestigious HBCU but he was the laziest self entitled a$$hole you'd ever meet.

Edited by Majesty02 - Apr 07 2014 at 6:23pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:23pm
I would consider any education level, as long as he has at least what I do to bring to the table, can hold a conversation without me having to roll my eyes and is well-traveled. 
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:28pm
NO! My ex-wife had no aspirations to further her educational and professional development and I can see how it stagnated her.
If you're not willing to invest in yourself why would I?
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

NO! My ex-wife had no aspirations to further her educational and professional development and I can see how it stagnated her.
If you're not willing to invest in yourself why would I?
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:35pm
Some of the richest people either dropped out of college, or never went. Same for intelligence. 

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

Experience....matters now. 

My dad is from the projects, started as a janitor with only a HS diploma....he worked his way up to a manager at Alabama Power making $210,000 a year. This is the same company he scrubbed toilets at....the company sent him to Duke. 

I feel sorry for people who think college is the only way to reach success. They will be disappointed when they get outchea. 
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:49pm
Absolutely! I need my man to be purpose driven, a man of action, intelligent, and self sustaining...with good credit. He needn't have a degree. I know sooooooooooo maaaaaaaannnnnnyyyyyy college grads, eye deep in student loans and other debts acquired during college, with a bachelors degree some with even masters, working entry level jobs, barely scratching the surface of survival and complacent as hell. Drive can't be learned, you're either born with it, or youre not, and no degree can dictate how far one goes in life.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2014 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Some of the people that went to school/college for the longest and/or majored in stupid ish are working entry level jobs. 

If you get a PhD in Sociology or Social Work you can't really expect to be successful.
If you are willing to study that many years for such a sh*tty degree, you might as well try Medical School.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Apr 07 2014 at 6:54pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>