Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

would you lose a leg to save a persons life ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: would you lose a leg to save a persons life ?
    Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:40am
fcuk that, no thanks.

Originally posted by palmbachpost palmbachpost wrote:

Boynton Beach man who lost leg in crash says it was worth it to save another man’s life

DELRAY BEACH —

His right leg was amputated, his left foot is fractured and he’s spent weeks confined to a hospital room, away from his wife and four kids.

But Angel Soto Jr., who lost his leg in October after being crushed between two vehicles as he was aiding a victim of another wreck, said he’d do it all over again if it meant saving another person’s life.

Losing a limb is traumatic, but having helped save the life of Boynton Beach resident Alexander Proscurshim was well worth it, Soto said on Monday, the first time he spoke publicly about the accident.

Proscurshim was sitting by his crashed Nissan pickup in the 3200 block of Old Boynton Road just west of North Congress Avenue, bleeding from his head. Soto extended his arm to help Proscurshim stand and walk away from the vehicle. Seconds later, David Plotkin’s Porsche slammed into the pickup, shredding Soto’s right leg.

“I think it would have been a very tragic end for Alex,” Soto said during a press conference, where he sat in a wheelchair with his wife Eileen nearby.

Proscurshim, interviewed a few days after the crash, said the fact that Soto stopped to help a stranger in need was remarkable.

“He didn’t have to stop, most people don’t stop. I just think this speaks to who this man is and his character,” he said.

While Soto is glad to be alive, his road to recovery will be long and painful. His doctors have told him he needs to learn how to support his body on his left leg before he can learn how to walk using a prosthetic leg. But all that can’t be accomplished until Soto’s fractured foot heals.

Besides his visible injuries, Soto also has to heal emotionally, said trauma surgeon Dr. Gene Rodriguez, who first cared for Soto when he was wheeled in to Delray Medical Center’s emergency room.

“It’s going to be a hard one,” Rodriguez said.

Soto vividly remembers almost every detail of that day, when he was heading home with his wife after finishing up the week’s laundry.

He remembers hearing a “bang” near Old Boynton Road and telling his wife to wait in the car while he approached the crash site to see if there were any injuries. He then encouraged Proscurshim to stand up and talk to him, and looked into the car for any additional victims.

Soto remembers laying on the Porsche’s hood, blood all over him, as Proscurshim told Soto not to look down at his leg. When he did, “it was a bloody mess.”

“The car came and hit so hard that i could not feel my legs,” Soto said.

Soto also remembers waking up to a leg full of stitches and bandages. A few days ago, he took a first look at what’s left of his right leg, a stump just above the knee that will eventually fit a prosthesis.

The stitches and staples together form a smiley face, Soto said. “It’s kind of cute.”

Despite his positive attitude, Soto said he felt angry at Plotkin for being careless behind the wheel, and added he thought Plotkin was texting or using his phone at the time. Boynton Beach Police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said nothing in the crash investigation indicates that Plotkin was texting or on the phone before the crash. Slater added that no criminal charges will be filed.

Court records show Plotkin was charged with careless driving. He is also being sued by Soto for at least $15,000 in damages. Soto’s attorney, Arthur Garcia Jr., said that amount could change.

Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:41am
some final destination ish?
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:41am
nimkola View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote nimkola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:44am
For family and select friends - yes.
Anyone else...my condolences.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:45am
Originally posted by nimkola nimkola wrote:

For family and select friends - yes.
lmao
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:45am
no
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:46am
then again, depends on how much you mean to me...
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:47am
Originally posted by nimkola nimkola wrote:

For family, children and select friends - yes.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:48am
yeah I would.
I just saw this commercial about this boy losing his leg and now hes a starting center for his high school football team.

Id be ok, I cant just let someone lose a loved one because of a mere limb.
Life>>>>>>
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:53am
no i wouldnt.

and in this case how was he supposed to know another car was going to come along and hit him.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>