Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWould you like a symmetrical face?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you like a symmetrical face?
    Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:28pm

Perfect symmetry: How would you look if both sides of your face were identical?

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:59 PM on 18th March 2011

Symmetrical faces are said to be a benchmark for true beauty, but this startling project shows they might not be what everyone wants.  

While many celebrities and models are noted for almost perfect symmetry in their features, photographer Julian Wolkenstein showed different results in his 11 subjects.  

The 38-year-old from Exeter, Australia, took portraits of 11 people and made a symmetrical image using the right side of their faces, and another using the left - to show the hidden differences. 

TRUE PORTRAIT

LEFT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

RIGHT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

True portrait of Julian
Left side symmetrical portrait of Julian
Julian, a model by Australian photographer Julian Wolkenstein in Sydney

Is symmetry perfect? Julian Wolkenstein took took portraits of 11 people, including Julian, and made a symmetrical image using the right side of their faces, and another using the left - to show the hidden differences

Now Julian is offering everyone the chance to divide their face to reveal their true symmetry with a new iPad and computer app.

'My website offers people the chance to do what I have done with my left and right split portraits," said Julian.

And amazingly the difference in the two images may uncover hidden secrets about how the brain works.

TRUE PORTRAIT 

LEFT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

RIGHT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

True portrait of Emma
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - UNDATED: Left side symmetrical portrait of Emma,
Right side symmetrical portrait of Emma

Popular: Since the launch of the application a couple of months ago 12,000 people, including Emma, have uploaded their image to the site to see how they would look

His 'Symmetrical Portraits' series - using photographs of men and women of different ethnic backgrounds - revealed in some cases one wildly varying side to the other, whilst in other more fortunate individuals a pleasing face similar to their true portrait was seen.  

'You can take pictures with your downloaded iPhone app or use a webcam in a few easy steps to symmetrical split your face.

'Since its launch a couple of months ago 12,000 people have uploaded their image to the site.

TRUE PORTRAIT

LEFT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

RIGHT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

Kelcy
Kelcy
Right side

Experimentl:  Interested by people's faces, such as Kelcy;s, as art for some time, Julian's photographic and Internet symmetry project is part of his research into how people view one another

'It has been an overwhelming response and highlights the differences big and small between peoples left and right sides.'

Interested by people's faces as art for some time, Julian's photographic and Internet symmetry project is part of his research into how people view one another.

'Faces are such a point of contact for us, they are the first thing we see in the mirror and they are the first thing that we see when we meet another person," explained the artist.

TRUE PORTRAIT

LEFT SIDE
SYMMETRICAL

RIGHT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

True portrait of Doreen
Doreen
Right side symmetrical portrait of Doreen

Enlightening: It is interesting to see which side is more taunt and more used, because that indicates which side of your brain might be more dominant

'They have been studied by artists, painters and scientists for thousands of years and are such a unique feature.

'Part of my project has been to de-bunk the myth that symmetrical people are therefore better looking. Some of the symmetrical images don't look attractive at all.'

The resulting images might also show differences in the minds of the individuals.  

TRUE PORTRAIT

LEFT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

RIGHT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

True portrait of Louis
Left side symmetrical portrait of Louis
Right side symmetrical portrait of Louis,

Face off: some people, like Louis, look nothing like themselves when the two left sides are joined into one

'It is interesting to see which side is more taunt and more used, because that indicates which side of your brain might be more dominant," explained Julian.

'It is also of course interesting to see that some people look nothing like themselves when the two left sides are joined into one, or the right sides, or both.

'There is something about the joined left and right images that our own brains tells us is the same person, but at the same time it can make you feel uneasy. You realise something is not quite right.'

www.echoism.org

TRUE PORTRAIT

LEFT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

RIGHT SIDE SYMMETRICAL

True portrait of Danny
Left side symmetrical portrait of Danny
Right side symmetrical portrait of Danny

Symmetrical: Danny looks the same in all three shots

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1367633/Perfect-symmetry-How-look-sides-face-identical.html#ixzz1GytKoQNA
Sponsored Links

camille07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:31pm
the right side of my face looks completely different from the left. 
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:33pm
Some of these picutures are scary. That first chick needs help in general, she gradually got worse. I'll keep my round face.

Edited by Ladycoils - Mar 18 2011 at 2:33pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:34pm
those bangs.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:35pm
People's faces SHOULD be symmetrical unless they have moles, scars or birth marks.  ....... or a strokeErmm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Ladycoils Ladycoils wrote:

Some of these picutures are scary. That first chick needs help in general, she gradually got worse. I'll keep my round face.
The blk ladies looked better than the others.  The Blonde man looked good too
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:38pm
LMfao...I want to try myself...I feel like I would look better with right side symmetry
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is so interesting.  I always wondered what people meant by saying attractive people have more symmetrical faces.  I thought everyone's face was symmetrical. 
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Does the first chick not clean up or do her hair before she participates in studies?
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2011 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

People's faces SHOULD be symmetrical unless they have moles, scars or birth marks.  ....... or a strokeErmm
i have a stroke then  ... *rings 999*
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic