Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedWould you leave your child unattended?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Yogi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you leave your child unattended?
    Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 5:56am
and go out for a meal?

I think most of the world would have heard about Madeleine by now, basically a family of five went on holiday to Portugal,  One evening during the holiday, the parents left the 4 yr old and a pair of twins ALONE in a hotel room and went to a near by restaurant for a meal.

When they returned Madeleine was gone. A few suspects have been interviewed since she went missing but yet no formal arrests have been made.

The latest update on the case is that Madeleine's mother (kate) has now been called back to the police station and interviewed as a suspect.

My opinion on the matter is not whether Kate did or did not ''possibly'' harm her child, this is besides the point at this stage until they have made a formal arrest or statement.

But my opnion is that she should NOT have left those children unattended to go and eat at the nearby resutaurant.

Very irresponsible. and it makes me wonder, if she can leave her kids unattended in a strange country she probably does this on a regular basis in the UK.

I think it is also very risky in this day and age to leave children unattended for any lenght of time no matter where in the world you are.

So at what age do you think it is appropiate to leave a child unattended?

Madeleine McCann
Madeleine%20McCann

Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 6:05am
No.

Especially not to go eat dinner.

My Mom never left me alone until I was twelve! Before then, I would be home with my much older brother when he turned 12.
dimepiece0823 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 6:47am

I don't go anywhere my kids can't go! I wouldn't let my son stay alone until he was 12 and then that was only when I was going to be gone less than an hour. He was 17 before he stayed overnight alone and I had my neighbor check on him.

I swear it seems like parents lately treat their kids as an afterthought. Just like that fool who tried to outrun a train. She missed one and got hit by another one coming from the opposite direction killing both of her little girls!

emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 6:50am
im an only child...but my mom would only leave me alone when i was at the age 12...before that she would leaveme at my grandmother or take me everywhere with her...nowadays i think you cant leave your child alone when they are small....especially at the age of 4...they can get harmed and when you reach its too late.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 7:30am

NO. I thought that they were crazy for leaving the child unattended. Any parent knows that when children wake up in the middle of the night, the 1st thing that they do is call for their parents, especially if they are frantic after waking up by a loud noise or a nightmare.

4 years old is old enough to know how to reach the door knob and to open the door.

I was watching to Morning News and they said that the detectives in Portugal could be trying to figure out if the parents may have gave Madeleine some type of sleeping pills or something and possibly caused her to OD.

morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 7:37am
Nope. I wouldn't even do that out here and we don't even lock our doors at night. No way would I leave my child unattended. Not only do you have to worry about intruders...there are so many things that could happen in the house when a child is unattended. It only takes a few seconds for something lethal to happen.
Peachez607 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 7:47am
Why in the hell didnt they take their kids to eat with them???????????? If i eat, my daughter eats!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid!

I wasnt left alone until i was in about middle school. And they didnt go far, maybe just for my dad to pick up my mom from work (about 20 minutes) or to put gas in the car. But i knew not to open the door for anyone or tell anyone on the phone that I was home alone
emih19 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 8:05am
the story of the parents aint good..i mean every tourist that goes on vacation always hires a nanny from the hotel room cus they know it aint safe..i dont get it.something aint right
BonaFideDiva View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 8:06am
omg this is so sad
Mane~lady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2007 at 9:22am
Well,

I dont condone leaving a 4 year old alone, but do you know how old the twins were? I know in some States like Texas you can leave kids with older siblings. I believe in Texas , the older child has to be a least 12 but has to possess a maturity level that would allow them to be able to take care of a child.  I was left with an older sibling as a child. I was around 8 or 9. It wasnt for a long period of time, and we always followed mama's rule. Dont open that door for no one!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic