Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would You Kill Your Child if God Told You To?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

God is not a show off...that's a human ego trait.

i know this is kinda off topic.. but i disagree...!

God has done plenty of things in the bible that many would consider showing off..

I see what you are saying. From their perspective, their idea of what a show off is.
So when they read the Bible, they read it with a judgemental mind--as in judegment of what is right and wrong--morals again that came from the i's mind.

Would the book of Job not be an example of God showing off?
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:52pm
this thread

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:54pm
I'm assuming you think it is. Why do you think that?
What is a show off and is it wrong to be a show off? Why or why not?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:00pm

I'm assuming you think it is. Why do you think that?

Because God felt the need to prove something to a demon. Prove his glory to an entitity that already is aware he is the creator of heaven and earth. Maybe you can enlighten me as to how it's not showing off.

What is a show off and is it wrong to be a show off? Why or why not?

I mean, I think the burden to provide the definition of showing off rests on you since you brought it up by asserting that god doesn't show off. You tell me what it is and if it's right or wrong, since you have asserted that god doesn't do it.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Feb 18 2014 at 3:01pm
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:03pm
Also RT, i assure you that while I can have an ego, i no longer communicate in it.
Anything in my original post that seems to you to be comparing my humility to others is not absolutely true.
I am comparing my humility, not to another being's, but to my old self who lived in the mind of rationale and judgement of what is good and bad in relation especially to my personal life experiences.

I started out answering the question comparing my old self to my new self.

Edited by Derri - Feb 18 2014 at 3:30pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:06pm

Also RT, i assure you that while I can have an ego, i no longer communicate in it.
Anything in my original post that seems to you to be comparing my humility to others is not absolutely true.
I am comparing my humility, not to another being's, but to old self who lived in the mind of rational and judgement of what is good and bad in relation especially to my personal life experiences.

Fair enough. I guess I inferred your comparing yourself to others since the majority of the post was about others and their lack of humility.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Feb 18 2014 at 3:07pm
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:12pm
And RT, how can you argue that he does it if you want to leave the definition up to me? Lol

In the world as we know it, a show off pomps for the sole purpose of pomping. Never for teaching, never for wisdom, just for flexing.
Who learned something from Job's experiences?
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I am comparing my humility, not to another being's, but to old self who lived in the mind of rational and judgement of what is good and bad in relation especially to my personal life experiences.

Fair enough. I guess I inferred your comparing yourself to others since the majority of the post was about others and their lack of humility.

Eh, i wanted some real examples that i've heard and seen of the kinds of things we think in our heads to pull my point together.

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:26pm
And herein lies the problem of dissecting and labelling a thing as good or bad in relation to our environment.

The whole book of Job was Job and his friends debating about suffering and who suffers: the 'good' or the 'bad' and why.
And Job himself asked God to set the record straight.

Edited by Derri - Feb 18 2014 at 3:28pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 3:36pm

And RT, how can you argue that he does it if you want to leave the definition up to me? Lol

Because you are the one that asserted that he doesn't show off - but not only that, you also said our definition of showing off is wrong, and or wordly. The one arguing the position should provide the terms of their argument, so that we don't have a moving goalpost.

In the world as we know it, a show off pomps for the sole purpose of pomping. Never for teaching, never for wisdom, just for flexing. Who learned something from Job's experiences?

I'm not sure who learned from Job's experiences. When Job asks him why he allowed those things to happen, god omits the deal made between the devil, and instead rebukes him for asking. God then goes into a rant about all of the things he created and how Job is insignificant compared to him. The lesson in that story is pretty awful, actually, and god's response to Job's inquiry seems to hammer home the idea of 'pomping'

Edited by Random Thoughts - Feb 18 2014 at 3:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style