Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would You Kill Your Child if God Told You To?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:17am
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

No. You're telling me to deny my humanity and for what reason would you do that. Yes, they could be a world destroyer or whatever but they can have a different path. I mean you are a being that exist outside of time and space, couldn't you talk to him and get him on the right path.

I'm just throwing scenarios why this would be even logical in the first place, but you allowed him/her to be born so why wouldn't you prevent this a long time.

Shiiiid ninj-...actually i'm gone go ahead and sit out the rest of the game.

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 18 2014 at 7:17am
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:17am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

No. You're telling me to deny my humanity and for what reason would you do that. Yes, they could be a world destroyer or whatever but they can have a different path. I mean you are a being that exist outside of time and space, couldn't you talk to him and get him on the right path.

I'm just throwing scenarios why this would be even logical in the first place, but you allowed him/her to be born so why wouldn't you prevent this a long time.

Shiiiid ninj-...actually i'm gone go ahead and sit out the rest of the game.

Finally someone likes one of my posts.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:20am
*chuckles* don't get excited. I ain't nobody.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:23am
lmao...
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 7:59am
I remember the last thread asking this question.  SeansMommy said yes she would do whatever was asked. 

Only one or two people will say they would.  Most would tell him to GTFOOHWTB.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:08am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I remember the last thread asking this question.  SeansMommy said yes she would do whatever was asked. 

Only one or two people will say they would.  Most would tell him to GTFOOHWTB.

Cause we are not inhumane.
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:22am
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/07/25/how-many-people-did-god-slaughter-in-the-bible-steve-wells-has-written-a-book-documenting-every-kill/

Estimated totals

When the Bible doesn’t say how many were killed, I try to provide a reasonable estimate.

For example, the Bible says that Job’s ten children were killed in God and Satan’s bet. The Bible also says that all of Job’s slaves were killed, though it doesn’t say how many slaves Job owned. But since he was a wealthy man (“the greatest of all the men of the east”), he must have owned many slaves. So I guessed that fifty slaves were killed, and I gave both Satan and God credit for their killings.

I made similar estimates for the other killings when a number was not provided in the Bible. I tried to give an idea of my thinking for each estimate at the end of each killing account.

When there was no clear way to get a number directly from the Bible itself, I used estimates from Colin McEvedy and Richard Jones’ Atlas of World Population History.

Using these estimates, I came up with the following grand totals for the number killed by God and Satan in the Bible:

God: Approximately 25 million

Satan: 60

whose the real devil? Geek
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:31am
At this point in my journey, I would do it without fear. before I would have some hang ups.

God has told me to do lots of things that my ego did not want to agree with.
God talks to people all the time but no one recognizes God because the church (purposely) has made God seem so inaccessible. The Church creates more unbelief than anywhere else.
Everyone expects the heavens to open up and thunder to clap every time when God should speak. God is not a show off...that's a human ego trait. The majority of ppl can't hear God because they talk much louder and much more often. They refuse to turn themselves down because they are so consumed by their egos. Literally. And those ppl drown God out, and in true ego fashion turn around and say, God doesn't talk because God isn't real, we're the only ones that are here---we're our own God.

Faith isn't needed to make God real. God is real whether a man believes he is or not. And God still has mercy on even those who drown him out, who relish in purposely being (their minds' idea of) disrespectful, and who use their free will to separate themselves from humanity, nature, and God. Oppressing the world in the name of power and control. Sounds like a God complex.

Edited by Derri - Feb 18 2014 at 8:33am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

a yes or no answer would suffice.

no.

but i feel like this is a trick question...
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:48am
I guess he'd have to drag me to hell because I ain't obeying that command. No Sir.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style