Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you flat iron a 3 year old's head of  hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would you flat iron a 3 year old's head of hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:05pm
she is tooooo cute...i personally wouldn't but the mom seems to be caring 4 her hair pretty good soooo...
Sponsored Links

ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:07pm
Hell no, they cant even sit still for u to comb or braid it. I'm sure theyd move and wind up getting a burn Confused
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carib_n_curly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:08pm
she's a memeber of LHCF, i even recognise some of the people that commented on her Facebook by their hair lol smh
i wouldn't use any chemical or heat on a yro 3 head.
her hair is beautiful and she's so cute

ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:10pm
As for sandra rose she's an idiot. I have pics of me as a toddler with hair that long my damn self. All my mom did was wash blow dry and braid it. No perms (then), no weave. Just indian hemp grease and moisturizer.  
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:18pm
lol i didnt actually look at her photos. she looks like she has a lacefront on when her hair is straight lol
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:07pm
Oh please. All them 3,000 ponytails slicked so hard that there are bald spots and tiny red bumps, Blue magic put on tight braids, Ringworm heads, 409 bobbles pulling and tearing at their hair.....I mean, yeah heat is bad, but MOST of the styles I see on kids are damaging too. If she looked like a Christmas tree was sitting on her hair then it would be "She so damn cute", but since it's heat it's time to call Child Protection?

Personaly, I would not put heat on my childs hair, but I also don't do half of the damaging styles I see done. I let my baby's afro flow Cool.
HalfMoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalfMoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:45pm
^^^ITA w/you and Scorpio. I could sit on my hair @ that age and my mom was (still) so terrified of heat that she didn't even blow it dry. Just shampoo w/occasional conditioner, plus a grease------>Vita-D grease or Ultra Sheen grease, or maybe bergamot or Vaseline. Pink Lotion and the like weren't even on the scene yet, much less blow dryers with comb attachments/flat irons.

She'd wash it, then grease it and put it into a bunch of box plaits to dry. On hot days she'd sit me outside in the sun after washing it, then detangle and plait it up outdoors in the sun.

I have to keep constant vigilance on those who would pull my baby's pigtails tight enough to make her eyes slant.......like those 18,000 tiny pigtails all over with RUBBER BANDS @ THE BASE!!! As soon as I get her home, I take the cuticle scissors and cut ALL the rubber bands off.

This is my baby the one time I flatironed her hair.....just to see what it'd look like....she was maybe 3 or 4...

The setting was so low, so it really didn't do a whole lot. I just couldn't bring myself to take the heat any higher.

I've also pressed it once with an electric straightening comb. She's going to be in a wedding this fall, and I'm not really looking forward to any straightening. I don't want her to think that straight hair is the only time one can look "pretty". I wouldn't dream of doing an all-out, official flat-iron session with her.

ITA, the lady does seem to be doing a pretty good job of maintaining her hair. Most of the little girls I know who had really long hair, it would be looking really bad regardless of texture.

Edited by HalfMoon - Jul 06 2010 at 10:55pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 7:16pm
I'm just going to take her to my hair dresser to get her ends clipped. Those mini twists were the devil to take down.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 7:28pm
Don't mind me
Just looking at the old sn's and avi's
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 7:30pm
Nahh I might flat iron one piece, but naww maybe 5
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic