Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you flat iron a 3 year old's head of  hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would you flat iron a 3 year old's head of hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NotUrAvg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotUrAvg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ladymzlee ladymzlee wrote:

I would not put a heated tool near a 3 yr old's head. Maybe once she's a little older I would consider it.

i might get it spirialed at around 5 yr. old for a special occassion, but I'm not really with the heat on babies hair.  And definitely NO RELAXER until she's old enough to maintain it herself (or pay for it to be done properly). 
Sponsored Links

nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by RICARDO RICARDO wrote:

I wouldve done it to my daughters hair. With that length wearing it straight is a lot easier for parents to do and afterall she is in the industry so I see the versatility of straight hair. I am against relaxing childrens hair however this non permanent process isnt bad to me. Its no different than if I put some curls in my daughters hair with a curling iron.

this
MsAngie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsAngie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 2:22pm
I barely want to do my own hair, so I wouldn't be flat ironing a 3 year old's, either. She is soooooooooooooooooo cute!
rr11l07 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rr11l07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 4:42pm
LOL, I have mutual friends with the child's father and her Mom who wrote in

I think Its fine, the baby's hair can with hold the heat and she asked her mommy to straighten it so she did. This was the first time, I doubt she will allow it on the regular
chocol8doll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocol8doll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 4:58pm
Too young so the answer is no
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 5:02pm
yes I would if she needed it..... 

Twins, one girl was pressed from 4 yrs on. long flowing hair now.

the other water grease & brush girl hair is totally different. shorter....

maybe it was their genes.....
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 5:06pm
No thank you, 3 seems too young to me. Isn't that preschool age? Would it even last?
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 5:09pm
Well I personally wouldn't for the reasons Simone mentioned. I wouldn't want my daughter thinking the only way she would be accepted, or get work, or feel pretty is to have straight swinging hair.

And I'd be living example by using my natural hair to show her that.

There's nothing wrong with versatility. A flat iron once in a while is great.  It's just one of many styles and not the end all, be all. Braids and twists, and rollersets, and banding, and I could go on and on with beautiful options for little black girls. I mean Esperanza Spalding rocked a fro out of this world and she looked damn good.

That's what I'd like my daughter to aspire to in terms of beauty. Celebrate and appreciate all aspects of it.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 7:38pm
I see nothing wrong with it. Its cute. It wouldn't be something I would daily, weekly, or even monthly though. Its better than a relaxer. Some kids get relaxers at 3 or younger.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:02pm
She's a cute one!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style