Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Would YOU eat chocolate fried chicken?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I'd rather just have a plate of the chocolate.

Me too! LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:40pm
that sounds disgusting and I'm usually all for this type of stuff Dead

Edited by TayTay - Jun 25 2014 at 3:41pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:48pm
NO !!!

Not a lover of fried chicken or chocolate.

Edited by Benni - Jun 25 2014 at 3:49pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I would try it..
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

DeadDeadSick

OMG, chocolate fried chicken

Fried chicken's been coated in some crazy things, but only in L.A. could a super-trendy new restaurant concept thrive by coating it in — sorry, Colonel Sanders — chocolate.

ChocoChicken only has been open a week, but it's already got the buzz — and plans to expand.

The free-range chicken isn't fried in chocolate oil. It's lightly coated with a special cooking chocolate made from bittersweet cocoa, and fries up a shade of chocolate brown.

"Sure, it sounds super goofy," says Adam Fleischman, co-founder of ChocoChicken, which opened last week near the Staples Center in Los Angeles and plans another location this year in Santa Monica, Calif. "But it doesn't taste goofy. It tastes amazing."

Not enough chocolate? Douse your chicken with Chocolate Ketchup. Side dishes include White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes and Duck Fat Fries sprinkled with chocolate seasoning. Chocoholics also can order Electric Chocolate S'mores for dessert. An entree of of two pieces of chicken and fries goes for about $15, slightly more for all-white meat.

Fleischman's co-partner and self-taught-cook Keith Previte came up with concept. A third partner is Sean Robins, a film and TV producer. Fleischman, whose Advantage Restaurant Partners also owns trendy Umami Burger and 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria brands, helped fund the 175-seat ChocoChicken. And he helped tweak the super-secret seasonings.

"All of the ingredients are secret," he says. "All I can say is that the marinating, coating, seasoning and frying process all contain some element of chocolate."

Restaurant success increasingly is about appealing to Millennials, who demand unusual tastes and also are quick to snap a photo of what they're about to eat and post it on social media. ChocoChicken's gotten plenty of that.

"Best chicken wings outside of Buffalo," said one Facebook post from fan David Crvelin.

Restaurant consultant Howard Gordon — who has eaten there — says ChocoChicken serves good grub. "It actually tastes good," says Gordon, former marketing chief at The Cheesecake Factory. "But I think it's more a big-city thing — where people are into things that are new and different."

Fleischman expects to have six stores in 2015 — including one in New York City — and eight stores by 2016.

This is not the only new chicken mash-up: In the Philippines, KFC recently rolled out Crispy Cheese Chicken, fried chicken marinated in cheese and breaded with bits of cheese-flavored chips.

It sounds like it was made with cocoa powder, not sweet or even semi sweet chocolate that many are familiar with.  If it is just made with cocoa powder then I will try it once.  Might taste a bit like mole or some other Mexican fare.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:52pm
Bring on the crispy cheese chicken but heckie no on the chocolate chicken...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:56pm
Not enough chocolate? Douse your chicken with Chocolate Ketchup. Side dishes include White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes and Duck Fat Fries sprinkled with chocolate seasoning. Chocoholics also can order Electric Chocolate S'mores for dessert. An entree of of two pieces of chicken and fries goes for about $15, slightly more for all-white meat.

Stern Smile
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:00pm
sounds interesting.  hmmmmm
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:01pm
no way.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:05pm
Honestly I don't see this being much of a stretch from say Hawaiian-inspired chicken, made with pineapple or even orange chicken.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic