Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would YOU eat chocolate fried chicken?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would YOU eat chocolate fried chicken?
    Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:51am
DeadDeadSick

OMG, chocolate fried chicken

Fried chicken's been coated in some crazy things, but only in L.A. could a super-trendy new restaurant concept thrive by coating it in — sorry, Colonel Sanders — chocolate.

ChocoChicken only has been open a week, but it's already got the buzz — and plans to expand.

The free-range chicken isn't fried in chocolate oil. It's lightly coated with a special cooking chocolate made from bittersweet cocoa, and fries up a shade of chocolate brown.

"Sure, it sounds super goofy," says Adam Fleischman, co-founder of ChocoChicken, which opened last week near the Staples Center in Los Angeles and plans another location this year in Santa Monica, Calif. "But it doesn't taste goofy. It tastes amazing."

Not enough chocolate? Douse your chicken with Chocolate Ketchup. Side dishes include White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes and Duck Fat Fries sprinkled with chocolate seasoning. Chocoholics also can order Electric Chocolate S'mores for dessert. An entree of of two pieces of chicken and fries goes for about $15, slightly more for all-white meat.

Fleischman's co-partner and self-taught-cook Keith Previte came up with concept. A third partner is Sean Robins, a film and TV producer. Fleischman, whose Advantage Restaurant Partners also owns trendy Umami Burger and 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria brands, helped fund the 175-seat ChocoChicken. And he helped tweak the super-secret seasonings.

"All of the ingredients are secret," he says. "All I can say is that the marinating, coating, seasoning and frying process all contain some element of chocolate."

Restaurant success increasingly is about appealing to Millennials, who demand unusual tastes and also are quick to snap a photo of what they're about to eat and post it on social media. ChocoChicken's gotten plenty of that.

"Best chicken wings outside of Buffalo," said one Facebook post from fan David Crvelin.

Restaurant consultant Howard Gordon — who has eaten there — says ChocoChicken serves good grub. "It actually tastes good," says Gordon, former marketing chief at The Cheesecake Factory. "But I think it's more a big-city thing — where people are into things that are new and different."

Fleischman expects to have six stores in 2015 — including one in New York City — and eight stores by 2016.

This is not the only new chicken mash-up: In the Philippines, KFC recently rolled out Crispy Cheese Chicken, fried chicken marinated in cheese and breaded with bits of cheese-flavored chips.

Sponsored Links

babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:53am
I'll try anything once.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:55am
Thumbs DownConfusedCryShockedWackoSick
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:56am
The chicken has to be super salty and seasoned properly for that combo to work. Salty and sweet. I would try it.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:59am
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:06am
just to say I tried it ..yep
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:06am
I have had jerk ice cream at the jerk festival...and tasted carrot porridge. So this I will try
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

The chicken has to be super salty and seasoned properly for that combo to work. Salty and sweet. I would try it.
alladis
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:08am
yo...

my mind's telling me no

but my body?  my body's telling me yes...
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:09am
I would try it..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic