Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you be disappointed if ALL your kids dated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would you be disappointed if ALL your kids dated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:22am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

i have 2 brothers/1 sister, none of my siblings date haitians, growing up our dad told us to stay away from haitian women, they kray. its anything but haitian when they bring who they dating to our broken family gatherings. my dad is currently dating an aa and loving it.

My mom used to always tell me to stay away from haitians as well. If I do marry a haitian guy the only thing I'm worried about is him expecting me to cook all them haitian meals just like his mama. Aint nobody got time for alladat. We eatin healthy in 2013, aint fryin sh*t nor takin 13 hours to cook one meal lol
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:26am
I was specifically told never to bring home an African....
I dated several African men however, but my family were more accepting of my current SO than the African men...

Dumb $hit....
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:39am
disappointed?..nah... plus if they're anything like me.. they gonna do what ever they wanna do anyway
its their life..

Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:45am
i'd rather my child be born gay and fall in love with someone of the same race than coon 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:48am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I was specifically told never to bring home an African....
I dated several African men however, but my family were more accepting of my current SO than the African men...

Dumb $hit....

Lol, I was told this too. I didn't listen because I felt it came from preconceived notions they harboured. They ended up accepting him, though but his family didn't accept me! At the end of the day, they did have a point because the cultural differences ended up being too pronounced. I want to emphasize that this was MY experience. I'm in no way saying that would be the case for anyone else.

As for Haitians, I wasn't told to avoid them but I was told to be careful as to who I picked. No ratchet ones. That I shouldn't date the uneducated ones ever because it would lead to resentment on their part, and ultimately major drama. They were right about that too. I dated a Haitian guy who had less education then me and it ended up getting ugly. Haitian men don't like their women to be more accomplished than them. On equal footing, maybe but not more accomplished. When they don't mind, they're usually lazy and expect you to hold it down while they screw around Confused

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 02 2013 at 7:55am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

i'd rather my child be born gay and fall in love with someone of the same race than coon 

lol

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:24am
I like a good ole country negro like my dad.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:26am
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

i have 2 brothers/1 sister, none of my siblings date haitians, growing up our dad told us to stay away from haitian women, they kray. its anything but haitian when they bring who they dating to our broken family gatherings. my dad is currently dating an aa and loving it.

My mom used to always tell me to stay away from haitians as well. If I do marry a haitian guy the only thing I'm worried about is him expecting me to cook all them haitian meals just like his mama. Aint nobody got time for alladat. We eatin healthy in 2013, aint fryin sh*t nor takin 13 hours to cook one meal lol

lol well any Caribbean man is gonna expect some plantains..

If I only have one child i guess i won't be mad but if I have like 2-3 and they all date white...Momma E will be SORELY disappointed. you can marry black or hispanic.

i remember my mom looking so sad and telling me she has braced herself for whatever i bring home..LOL she was like ur gonna come home with white, indian, or even asian...i know ur not bringing home a haitian man. well i didn't but i brought her a coconut she lovesLOL

my daddy told me to marry whiteStern Smile
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:34am
My mama wants me to marry my guy . She says my dad would like how good he is to me and how he treats me and his outlook on life and love.

I could def marry my guy in 5 , 6, or 7 years.  
Im not one of those girls who are tripping to get down the aisle.

I would love to have babies with him. He would make the worlds greatest father ever.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 9:37am
If all the hypothetical children of my current relationship married out, I would be sad. I know that makes me a hypocrite, but it's how I feel.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 26>
  Share Topic