Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you be disappointed if ALL your kids dated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Would you be disappointed if ALL your kids dated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:49am
LOL
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:56am
Lol bunz
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 6:57am
I'm going to be the odd one out because I don't see a problem with the situation and I'd be OK with it. (Assuming that their decision to go outside their race is not based on some simple-minded generalization "All black men/women are [insert negative quality here]" blah blah blah ) 

This isn't 'strange/weird to me because I grew up around diversity and to this day, I have friends and family from various nationalities and ethnic/racial backgrounds, including many who are multiracial. 

I've never been very found of or subscribed to the idea that one has to stay "loyal" to his or her race/ethnicity, and I will not teach my children to have any racial/ethnic boundaries. 

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:01am
Lol

I honestly do not think diversity or the perceived lack off has anything to do with it
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:08am

I wouldn't understand why all of them would date non blacks

that is strange

I would like to think they met a few blacks that they clicked with and decided to date

would feel a way if all of them did, but if 1 did it would depend on who the non-black is
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:09am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

i get to be dissappointed in the choices my child makes.
I dont have to support everything that anyone else does..

if my child wants to be a PICS star... fawk that stand behind your child garbage.
but NYC you had the decision to choose your career.. let ol' little nyc do what she wants.
yeah NO.

id be fine w/ a ghei child.
as long as they bring another brown ghei into my home.

comparing sexuality...which is nature to something that is ultimately a choice.. isn't the same thing in my book.

You couldn't have said this any better.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:11am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by babycakebabe babycakebabe wrote:

my biggest fear with parenting is having quadroon grand kids that pass and lock me in the attic when friends come by to prevemt people from discovering their black lineage. I saw a documentary about colorism in latin america and there is an old folk song about locking the brown granny away in the attic and i was horrified at the thought.
I wish a quadroon negro would!LOL

LmaoooooLOLCry
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:14am
Ive seen an example of this... 4 kids all with white partners. 3 women and 1 guy. This is in the UK.
Seems the kids went to predominantly white schools and universities.... they just weren't around a lot of Black people.......

I'll freely admit that I am a complete hypocrite... Whilst my SO is white, I would prefer for my children to date Black
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:18am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

i have 2 brothers/1 sister
i forgot to mention everyone of my fathers offspring dates women
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

i have 2 brothers/1 sister, none of my siblings date haitians, growing up our dad told us to stay away from haitian women, they kray. its anything but haitian when they bring who they dating to our broken family gatherings. my dad is currently dating an aa and loving it.
LOLLOLCryLOLCry

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>
  Share Topic