Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Would this braid style work out?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would this braid style work out?
    Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:02pm
Have  you heard of invisible braids / tree braids? I'm thinking of trying that style only with some leave out. 

It would be the same amount of leave out like in this pic of brazilian knots --> http://thirstyroots.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/brazilian-knots-weaving.jpg

They would be single braids like this --> http://www.pinterest.com/pin/455215474807046292/

The purpose of the leave out is to make it look more natural while having stands flowing. It would basically be a weave but with the flexibility of braids so that I can do high ponytails and stuff.

I attempted this myself a few months ago....not the best braider so some braids fell out but it lasted me a good 2 weeks or so until I decided I wanted to go back to clip in extensions. I did have this professionally done twice. The first time I had gotten a too straight texcture so I had to relax it....and the second time, I had a curly style but but took it out because I hated the type of hair I had gotten. 

I want to try this for protective styling and also hair growth. My hair grows best in braids. I'm the type of person who likes to go hiking, swimming, biking, kayaking, etc so I don't really have the time to deal with my itchy clip in extensions. I am also natural and there's a seller on Aliexpress who has hair that matches my texture pretty good. They sell the same hair in bulk.

One concern is I like to put gel in my hair to slick back my hair. I'm concerned there may be too much gel build up or something. But i can always do a different alternative. 

What do you think? Is it doomed to fail? Should I try thicker braids (pencil thickness) and have it get thinner so i get to near my leave outr? I'm a college student so I don't have much money to pay to get it professionally done (I make my clip ins, order from inexpensive Aliexpress) but it'd be nice to put it in a protective style til the end of summer so that I can go about my summer classes, job, and also my summer adventures. Do you think it's best to get it professionally done or try it myself? 

Edited by peaceloveandcurls - Jun 19 2014 at 1:04pm
Sponsored Links

peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 10:04am
bump 
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 2:15pm
I am getting crochet braids done for vacation, which is a very similar style but different technique. I am leaving out the perimeter of my hair and a little bit for my side part for the perfect bun/high ponytail. 

The technique is to cornrow the hair and then feed the extensions (bulk hair) through the cornrows with a crochet/latch hook tool. 

Yes, too much gel is a very bad thing. There are other ways to achieve a slick, flat look without gel. This forum has many of those options you just have to look around. I am a person who likes to gel edges/baby hair down but I don't do it too often. The buildup can damage your hair and the growing process.

If you live in the tri-state area, or near ny, you can try getting it professionally done for about $85 plus hair.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 4:06pm
yes if you want to diy try the chrochet braids countless youtubes on them
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply