BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WORST product you've ever used??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 1:20am
I'd have to say Sta-Sof-Fro. I don't know what's in it that make my hair hard and tacky like that. But at the same time it's highly recommended and it has good ingredients. From now on I may use it as a moisturizer when my hair is already in braids and not being manipulated, but I'll have to wash it out before I try to undo my braids.

Sponsored Links

morenaloca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 9:30pm
Hawaiian Silky Relaxer. Even the mild formula was like battery acid! smh
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 9:00pm
Hesh Bhringaraj oil..

That brand is very deceptive.. i found out after stock piling the crap that Bhringaraj oil was about the 5th ingredient.  One of the 3? Mineral oil..

No wonder i kept getting pimples on my scalp, and brittle hair/breakage..

NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2013 at 9:25am
I don't remember what brand it was (maybe Tressemme?), but it was this "All-Natural" shampoo/conditioner that came out a few years back. It fried my hair after just the first wash. I threw that stuff out immediately. I don't remember what the ingredients are, but holy hell, it was vicious. Never believe a company's "au naturale" claims. It doesn't mean it doesn't have harsh ingredients in it in addition to the few "natural" ingredients it might actually have.

Also, ION makes purely crap products. My friend tells me they used to have a really good formula, but for whatever reason they must've changed it. I've only tried their new formulas, and it just wrecks total havoc on my hair.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 4:47pm
Carol's Daughter products.

they smell great, but do nothing for my 4c fine hair.

Carol's Daughter, somebody's daughter, hell ANYBODY's daughter, i'm not fallling for that one again.

Ouch
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 1:23pm
Dark and Lovely dry hair healer left a cakey white residue on my hair, I had to shampoo it 3 times (I usually only shampoo once a month, I did not appreciate the premature and excessive shapooing) I think it's been discontinued but if it hasn't ... hear my cry ladies, do not purchase this. It smells amazing though.

ORS Coconut oil/olive oil + any other Oil that for some reason has about 10 ingredients in it

For the smell, I will never purchase these again:
wild growth oil
liquid gold sulfur oil
amla oil
BlueBug78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueBug78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 4:23pm
Pantene shampoo and conditioner plus any other shampoo and conditioner with loads of silicones in it.

Even washing up liquid is better than those.  And yes I did have to use washing up liquid to strip the cr*p from my hair as the clarifying shampoo I had didn't work.
BronxJazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BronxJazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 7:40pm
Beija flor crème brulee was the worst product I've ever used in my life. As soon as I put it on my hair it felt extremely dry. I don't know how it did it but just putting the product on my hair sucked the moisture and softness out of my hair and it wouldn't return until I washed the product out. Never seen anything like it.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 1:32pm
ORS Olive Oil moisturizer- disgusting greasy mess
ORS edge control - ugh!

dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 6:01pm
ORS Hair Mayonnaise.

I know people swear by this product, but for me it did more harm than good -- and I didn't even use it that often Confused
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>