Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

worst hair breakage!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Kimadam0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimadam0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2012 at 10:11am
Obtaining your hair chemically prepared more than once every eight weeks leads to critical over handling. This units of the stage for a breakdown in the strength and flexibility of your hair, leading to weak spots that are subject to taking under the smallest pressure.

Sponsored Links

Patricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by nattie84 nattie84 wrote:

I

am having an similar problem with my hair, I have about a small round section of my hair that is completely broken off. it in the front crown section of my hair on the right side. I just noticed this yesterday why putting in twist. its like someone shaved that portion of my hair, its not bald just very very short. I truly looks like someone took some clippers to that area, I was wondering if any of you ladies have any idea what this could be all about??? I am natural, no heat, no color, no stress full hair styles every...I dont get it. I was wondering if my hormonal birth control might be to blame( just had Mirena removed this week after 5 years) I have never had this problem before, ANY help would be greatly appreciated. oh and I should add that this section of hair that is now missing always felt different than the rest of my hair and it always shedding very bad when i would do my twist take downs..only in this one spot though...Thanks again!

Sorry for the late response.  Try not to put stress on that part of your hair.  are your twist tight?
Patricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2012 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by kathytwa kathytwa wrote:

I have the same problem , I need help please. I have severe breakages on my nape and both sides of my head, thin fine hair . I have been struggling for over a year. I have tried every product you guys suggested. My last product are Henna weekly , Aphrogee tea tree leave in , 2 min Aphrogee , leave in treatment Aphrogee  and Aphrogee damage shampoo, GVP Conditioning Balm and the GVP Tea Tree Oil Treatment.  Can you tell me if I have to much protein. I had blood work from primary doctor and my dermatologist stated I alopecia because of braids.

I am 45 years old . hair is natural , had one texuturier within a year ,  I wear twist under my wig , wash twice a week .  

Excuse spelling and grammar mistake.

someone told me that eating more protein helps strengthen from the inside out.  be gentle with your hair because it is texturized.  is it time for a touch up? sometimes your hair acts up when its time for a touch up.  I'm the last one to ask about to much protein.  My hair loves protein.  Love your products
Patricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by pyteeeee pyteeeee wrote:

hey ladies, i kind of need help myself, im suffering from lots of LONG STRAND BREAKAGE!
does this mean i need protein?? or moisture?? I have a lot of new growth may that be the issue?? ill post my regimen hair:

oh yeah i have armpit length texturized hair

cowash twice a week- aussie moist
deep condition anytime i wash - MNT deep moisturizing conditioner
wash with shampoo once a week- LTR or optimum care .. depends on my mood
moisturize every night - ORS olive oil incredibly rich hair lotion
seal ever night- evoo
only air dry
10 weeks post
heat once ever month (max)
wrapp  with satin scarf everynight

once a month for protein I  :
wash with garneir long and strong shampoo
condition with garneir long and strong conditioner
aphogee leave in Pro-vitamin
deep condition with MNT
FOLLOW UP WASH WITH AUSSIE MOIST

Im going crazy! whats causing this and what should i do ?????!

try some type of protein, it wont hurt.  I damaged my hair soooo much overdoing it on moisture.  Now I have to balance out both.  my hair tends to like protein more than others. 
Treschic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treschic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 11:09pm
I noticed that you mentioned you wear a wig and are losing hair on the sides of your head/ having breakage.  The breakage could be further aggravated by wearing a wig cap that's too tight, I noticed that my edges were also thinning when I was wearing tight wig caps. Try a wig cap that's a bit loose.

I also use castor oil 3 times a week ( very thinly) on my edges and hair and there is most definitely thickness and growth going on!

Also avoid wearing braids (especially extensions as much as you can and when you do wear them, make it a once in a while thing. Braids are great for growth but with repeated wear they can really cause  permanent hair loss especially on your edges (which are very delicate to begin with) due to  repeat tugging and pulling.

Treschic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treschic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 11:13pm
You may just need a tiny bit of protein if you're noticing that your hair is breaking. I don't do protein treatments like Aphogee 2 step treatment because I find too harsh for my hair, instead I use regular Mayonnaise ( yes the same one you put on bread, salads etc lol ) I do this 2X a month on the weekends leave it for 1 hour, best of all my hair is very moisturized after and I can comb it with a wide tooth comb or just finger comb! and best it reduces shedding!
mandapanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandapanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2012 at 9:03pm
if u guys are on birth control, that will for some reason break your hair out.. trust me i know. i love my bc but DAMN i just noticed that the center of my hair yet again is broken off bc of it..so its back to my old plan for me. i have been using castor oil for a while.. Yes castor oil is for helping you go to the bathroom, but it does help your hair grow. u can get it from walmart by the laxative... 
dani454 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani454 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by mandapanda mandapanda wrote:

if u guys are on birth control, that will for some reason break your hair out.. trust me i know. i love my bc but DAMN i just noticed that the center of my hair yet again is broken off bc of it..so its back to my old plan for me. i have been using castor oil for a while.. Yes castor oil is for helping you go to the bathroom, but it does help your hair grow. u can get it from walmart by the laxative... 

Yeah, I'm on BC and my hair broke and thinned out BADLY. It was only happening in the last year, too. I already have thin, fine hair.

Can you just use castor oil in the jars and apply it to your hair?

And Aphogee products dry my hair out BADLY. I tried them.. never again. My hair broke and broke and shed and I was literally to the point of tears. Any advice for someone who has hair that drinks up things in a day period? (If I put any oil on my hair, it'll be dry, brittle dry in 3-4 hours.....) ... or any advice for girls on BC?

madisonelise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonelise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:44am

I have had success in combating hair breakage with L'Oreal Advanced Haircare Power Moisture Moisture Rush Masque.

http://madisonelise.hubpages.com/

Edited by madisonelise - Mar 02 2013 at 5:45am
*WeaveStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 5:44am
You can't really follow any advice blindly until you know your own hairs porosity.  That will help you figure out what your hair needs.  You also have to take into account the portions of your hair are relaxed, telaxed and natural (whichever applies to you). To begin your journey on figuring out possible contributors to your breakage you can start withh stress, hydration, drugs and dietary deficiencies.  Then move to styling practices and product usage.   I sympathize because Aphogee is the worst thing for my hair.  My hair just seizes and the last protein treatment I had, left my hair hard. 

I had to do an ACV rinse and rewash my hair just to be able to detangle and follow up with something I've a avoided for years and that's a conditioner with cones, edta and parabens (Iden Bee Propolis) that was in the house and belongs to someone else in order to detangle my hair without ripping it a part.  I then rewashed a few days later to get it back to normal.  So that's why you can't just go "all protein" treatment or "all moisture" until you figure your own hairs porosity.

For the people loosing hair on installs after 3 weeks.  Here are a couple of tips for short term installs.

• . If you add hair into your base braids make sure its only and always virgin, untreated, uncolored, unprocessed hair.  Everything else is coated in chemicals like acid ect that you seriously don't want to envelop every strand of your hair in and allow it to just suck the life out of your hair.
  • . Switch from full sew ins to using 3/4 or u-part wigs with a closure. Less manipulation and sewing required to attach and remove...nuff said
  • Use warm air to blow hair into a puff before braid down and then once parted and ready to braid add whatever additional moisturizers you want on your hair.
  • Use minimal stiching as possible and a stretchy smooth thread like http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/products/1302_1694_2438-26872-black_elastic_jelly_cord_109_yards.html to attach.  Its stretchy and plastic like whats used on hair ties and won't drag or rip your hair.  Its also easy to distinguish from hair so there won't be any accidental cutting of your own hair during take downs.  Why use satin caps then use cotton string that's strong enough to cut your finger, to tie and drag through your hair strands.  Its like cutting your hair as you pull each stitch through (especially if your hair is fragile).  This will be a safe but light install (don't try to swim in it).  You want the thread to break easily...not your hair.
  • Don't forget to moisturize through the wig with an applicator bottle. Another plus of using the elastic thread is that it doesn't meld with your hair when you use your moisturizers. 

Edited by *WeaveStar* - Mar 10 2013 at 5:47am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>