Cocoa, I cant see the FB page.
Sweetskul noooo I haven't where are they?! How you just drop that and cut (I will say this when the cops got the laptop phones and ish they claimed that the most un-Jamaican dj-un-kartel like videos and pics were retrieved and I was waiting for it to buss/leak just like the peter king tape but it never did) This included pics of the dj "eating" couple gaza girls and I believe shorty and even milk and "batty effing". *crosses fingers*
Cocoa believe me there are many people with decapitated bodies on their phone (while I have a SERIOUS issue with that phuckery, it's for another time), they share it for kicks and giggles just like school girl PICS. More likely any pic of a headless body is one of those floating around cell phones, I HIGHLY DOUBT it to be the alleged deceased.
Here's the thing the "leaked evidence" or whatever is only gonna help the appeal. Unless it is from an associates phone/computer otherwise if it is to be under lock and key (esp if it never came to light in court) that's a problem for the DPP and the police. Yes the case is done but there is no protocol for releasing evidence that never came out in court after the fact. Hell we generally don't release evidence Why? We don't have time resources etc case is disposed of so onto the next one, worse its a criminal case. If this stuff came out in court then fair game still
Observer publishing that article = HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM! True or not, in a small island where everybody know everybody business, that is rife with informer (snitches) fi dead mentality, police distrust, reluctance of eye witnesses to come forward etc etc Why would you put out an article like that? And to what end? To show the hypocrisy of VK? but weighing that against national interest, getting witnesses to the stand, witness intimidation all the issues faced by the cops and the justice system. Surely that would have been more important. it only serves to make the citizenry continue to play see no evil hear no evil.
Ive been side-eyeing the observer from jump, nothing in that paper but fluff (I buy it weekly thought and do enjoy 2 contributors and teerob). with regards to the coverage of this case every media house went way overboard but I put observer at the forefront when they took use single sentence quotes from Shorty and Kartel's mom to make 4-5 articles!
Now here's why this doesn't make much sense to me:
1) at no point did the police between august 16 2011-October 1, 2011 request for VK to come in for questioning/person of interest. NONE. TVJ did broadcast to the entire nation that "a popular entertainer is gonna be charged for murder but still [let's say he got word that they wanted him, remember he isn't charged, so he would definitely come with his lawyer esp given the fact that after his issues with his fee for sting 2010 which led to his not performing at the event i.e December 26, 2010 he went on a radio campaign saying he values his freedom and his life but if he dies or is locked up it is the promoter of Sting (I.Laing former police) and his cop friends doing]
If this was after he was charged his lawyer would have definitely been present and again he would be talking to DPP not the commissioner at this stage.
NB the first charge he was on was a weed charge, that was the "sikes". The chick with the tweety bird tattoo (been trying to remember her name for months) took the rap for that couple days later. Addi was wondering why in Jesus name are the holding me? Cause the murder charge came after and that was what they were after all along (they were by time)
2) police cant agree to lesser charges/lesser sentence that's the DPP's role.
3) even if by some means he was told to go to the cops, he would have had his lawyer at his side. No lawyer would make you give up info if there is no benefit for you.
4) 100 murders?! So police sat by let him and the gang get away with 100 murders?! Better yet if they knew he was supplying guns not even to the point of orchestrating murders why didn't they step in? and he has never been charged before October 1, 2011? The Police Commissioner's statement would have been more credible had he not put a figure to it TBH
5) the observer/source comments that if Shawn Storm was privy to the voice notes/texts before the case began he probably would have acted differently. The msgs show that Shawn S was definitely feeling VK's rage. VK (IN a msg to another person) told him point blank Lizard and Chow(wee) are your peeps, therefore you have to pay for them. Shawn storm wouldn't have that kind of cash thus he brought them to the house.
PLUS even if he plead guilty it would have no bearing on the others; case, Shawn wasn't there, he just drove with them to the house and left (the observer source says it was b/c a lot of other men ere there and he realized the gravity of the situation). The thing is, I don't know of any texts actually/directly linking Shawn S to murder (I do believe he has the best chance on appeal) and if that portion of the observer article rings true, that he got afraid and left in a hurry then it's even more likely. yes I know Common design yada yada yada
[We'll have to wait till the case is transcribed and that's gonna be awhile to fill in the huge gaps btwn what the newspaper reported and what actually came out in court and Emily Crook's handwritten notes]
6) why the hell would the video not have been placed in court? Where they do that at? Or at least mentioned but struck out for say maybe the device it was found on wasn't the original device the video was recorded on.
Edited by Diane (35) - Apr 18 2014 at 7:16pm