Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Workplace Discrimination and Bisexuality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Its weird that people spend 40 hours a week with the same people for years and years...and no one ever brings up their SO? Not even in a superficial way? Like "My boyfriend loves those cookies but I hate them"

Yea I thought that was weird too lol
Sponsored Links

OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 11:08pm

Its weird that people spend 40 hours a week with the same people for years and years...and no one ever brings up their SO? Not even in a superficial way? Like "My boyfriend loves those cookies but I hate them"

Nope nope nope! Those people are not my friends and I do not want to connect with them on that level. Besides that workplace drama thread was enough to remind me to keep my personal business to myself. LOL
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 11:23pm
I think if you know you are have stances or preferences that are either controversial, nontraditional or that people probably carry bigotry towards, those topics are off limits.  I'm black and can't nor would I hide that but I'm not talking race at work.  I'm pro gun control.  People have strong feelings about their right to bear arms.  I'm not bringing up or joining in a discussion on the topic.  I'm in a heterosexual marriage.  My coworkers know I'm married, but I'm talking about my orientation nor activity at work.

Discrimination is never okay but there are instances where you can be proactive.  If this lady is living her life out and people see her outside of work and then discriminate/harass at work, then she has every right to be proactive and go after them.  They are wrong.  

I do however take issue with people who want to blast off in your face and then call you xyz when you disagree.  I'm at work to work.  We clown but maturity and common sense let's you know what's off limits.  
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:03am
no personal photos at the office? Not even 1?
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:07am
She is kinda weird looking/sounding.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Who discusses sexuality at work ? gay, bi, straight or whatever...

I don't discuss my sexuality, but I discuss my boyfriend. My coworkers will say, "Wanna go to B-Dubs for lunch," and I'll respond, "No thanks. My boyfriend is taking me to the Thai restaurant down the street." People, regardless of their sexuality, should feel comfortable being themselves. They shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable, because they don't conform to societal norms.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 10:29am
I don't talk to my coworkers about anything.
Them nigguhs think I'm working on my masters.....I have no idea who told them that and I ain't gone correct em.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 10:47am
You know what would be weird. If I went to an office party with my husband who I've been married to for three or more years and no one knew who I was. He never brought me up not once in conversation. Everyone thought he was single. I would feel some type of way.

[hypothetical situation. Not married]
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 10:48am
People talk at work. One of my coworkers was talking about buying a house with his wife, another went canoeing up North over the recent holiday with his girlfriend. A White lady I work with just started dating a guy in the army. So the gay people are just supposed to never mention their significant others?
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2013 at 11:44am

You know what would be weird. If I went to an office party with my husband who I've been married to for three or more years and no one knew who I was. He never brought me up not once in conversation. Everyone thought he was single. I would feel some type of way.

[hypothetical situation. Not married]

happened when I worked with my husband. I loved it.LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists