Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Workplace Discrimination and Bisexuality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Workplace Discrimination and Bisexuality
    Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:07am
Workplace Discrimination: A Bisexual Worker’s Story

“The prevailing logic has remained that if I am out as a bisexual woman, I must be asking for something: discrimination, harassment, or even sexual assault.” — Faith Cheltenham
In her personal video, which you can view below, Faith Cheltenham recounts her experiences of sexual harassment in her workplace when disclosing her bisexuality to her colleagues; even her supervisor said that she was asking for sexual innuendos from co-workers. In addition to describing her experiences as a black bisexual woman—which were more difficult in large part due to the “multiplier effect” of sexual orientation and race-based discrimination and bias—she explains the lack of fairness in her workplace experiences.
- See more at: http://elixher.com/what-you-missed-this-week-22/#sthash.Q3suVFqw.dpuf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9ycfV0I68#t=51

Edited by tatee - Sep 06 2013 at 10:13am
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (18) Thanks(18)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:09am
I'm not gonna watch the video.
Did she need to discuss her sexuality at work?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:10am
Cant see the video but I do wonder how her bisexuality came up.......def not really something I would talk about at work......
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:38am
There's this guy at my job that feels the need to hint that he's gay and a drag queen every single day. Like we know alreadyErmm

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

There's this guy at my job that feels the need to hint that he's gay and a drag queen every single day. Like we know alreadyErmm

Same here. This guy at work always tell us he's the queen that runs the show. His boyfriend is forever taking him to some island or some vacation and buying him cars.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:43am
Oh and how would her supervisor know about her orientation???

I guess some people are more willing to share their personal info than others...

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:44am

Who discusses sexuality at work ? gay, bi, straight or whatever...

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Same here. This guy at work always tell us he's the queen that runs the show. His boyfriend is forever taking him to some island or some vacation and buying him cars.

LOL

The guy at my job damn near shoved a photo in my face of him in drag while I was on lunch. I think I commented on everything BUT him in the picture lol. I was like "oh, I know that neighborhood, is that a roof you're posing on". After awhile he got the message, but another co-worker was like "oh John you should also show your pics to Jenn, at least she would appreciate it"

I'm likeErmmStern Smile

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

i know right....i've heard way too many tales (from yt women) of ratchet drunken sexcapades thru out my work life tho...Dead

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Sep 06 2013 at 12:22pm
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

personal sexuality? my natural inclination is to reply, "white people". however, it's just people that lack boundaries in general and give too much too soon. they just, in my experience, tend to be white.  

in general, sexuality comes up in my field/work/profession/blah/blah/blah. so that i can actually relate to. 

yes, but is he any good at it? you skipped over that part. and by "good" i mean "has developed a well rounded look and character". people seem to be still laboring under the delusion/misconception that all drag is fishy. 

however, that's just my personal interest and doesn't pertain to the issue/thread at hand. 

please, carry on everyone.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System