I agree with all these tips....especially keep written documentation....send emails and never rely on verbal conversations...when the sh*tz goes down...your same supervisor will say...he did not tell you that...supervisors tend to stick together...Document everything....examples
1 - Per our conversation, my part of the project is SYX, Jane will do JKL, the due date is October 20th.
2 - Please see the attached scanned copy of my doctor's note for my absence....
3 - Per our conversation, I arrived 1 hour early today and will be departing at 3:00 pm
Always send yourself emails -
Note to the file -
I submitted XYZ project to division director Jones on 10/1/11 @3:00 pm
Dress professional understand...you are not at the club..how you dress on the weekend with tight shirts, skin tight pants, breast showing is great...for work...tone it DOWN.
- watch the super bright eye shadow and 24,26,28 inch weaves...keep hair consistent...long halle berry today.26 inch wig tomorrow.
- come on time, don't be late often
- you don't want your sexy clothes, your long weaves, or flashy makeup to overshadow your work or be the main topic of conversation...I never forget I was in a meeting and this white manager asked this black girl about her weave....
- don't mistake white people's professionalize as true friendship..
Even if you have a black supervisor, don't think they are going to defend YOU...or go out their way to promote you or help you. My worst supervisors have been black.
- don't tell any negative things about your personal life...they not telling you their kid on heroin.
- always lock your desk
- don't take or make many personal calls on your office phone.
- no cursing at your desk on your phone, arguing with you man, etc etc.
- even if you have no work, pull up a random excel spreadsheet so when someone comes around you can minimize the internet.
- have your true friends OUTSIDE THE OFFICE....keep things separate....
understand..... racism is alive and well.
Some of the things...white people can get away.... with ..... a black sister never will
Don't give "them" ammunition to use against you. Even if "they" don't like you, if you are phony professional, do your work, are dependable, are not on the phone chatting all day or online....they can't do nothing to you.
But if you are always late, take long lunches, always calling out with issues, don't do your work, always on social calls, you MAKE IT EASY FOR THEM TO FIRE YOU, or justify not promoting you.