BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woodhull Hospital Reviews on Yelp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodhull Hospital Reviews on Yelp
    Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:02pm
Are your ready to die? Because they're ready for you to die. And I don't mean that they'll make you as comfortable as possible, I mean they don't give a sh*t about you, and you are taking up their precious time. 

I went there in pain after my foot got ran over by a car. I came in, asked if they took my insurance, they did! Talked to the triage nurse who admitted me. and that's where it came apart. After the paperwork, they took me into a waiting room, where a guy was writhing in pain. Then he died. And no one seemed to give a sh*t. 

"Hey, did you call the morgue?" 
"Oh... yeah, hold on.... *phone* hey, can you pick someone up.... Well hurry up" 
"Next of kin?" 
"ummmmmmmmmm..... No." 

Great. Note, that my foot is swollen (ended up being broken) It's been over an hour, maybe 2, no one's seen me or given me pain medicine, and this poor guy just died... and they didn't give a sh*t... A doctor came over and said, i sh*t you not. "My shift's over in 30 minutes. The next doctor will treat you."

Note, I know it's an emergency room and sometimes things are going to go bad and some people are going to die, I understand that. I'm not some princess who expects to be waited on hand and foot... But I also don't expect my doctors to simply not give a sh*t. 

3 hours after getting there, I got something for the pain and was waiting to get an X-ray. Then the power went out and they had to "reset the machines" ..... What?! How does that happen in a hospital? Power went out 2 more times and I was released three and a half hours later. 

They told me to come back in two days after prescribing me Tylenol, yes, tylenol for a broken bone. I crutched back in there and they told me they don't take my insurance. Then, I got a letter from my insurance saying they billed me wrong and said I was there for two different visits two different days, when in fact I was there for 1 visit over night (from 8pm to 3am). 

TL;DR: They'll over your billing, even if your insurance would/should pay for it. Blood is literally on the floor, power went out, people died. 

.000000001/5. Would not recommend. 

Pros: Put a cast on my foot.

Cons: Everything else, How is this legal?
Sponsored Links

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:03pm
I'm constantly hurting myself (fights, falling down, crashing into sh*t) and I've been to more than a few hospitals in my time, but this place really stands out from the rest.

The one and only time that I've ever been there was after I got jumped by 6 people in bedstuy. I got knocked out, and cut up pretty bad. After waking up in a pool of my own blood I rode my bike to Woodhull. 

The only good part about this place is that I didn't have to wait when they found out I had insurance. I walked right through.

Once inside I was surrounded by screaming, bloody convicts, handcuffed to gurneys, vomiting bums and all other manner of scum one would expect on a friday night in the ER.  The doctors and nurses were useless and irate to boot.

The doctor that saw me told me I was going to have to stay for 24 hours observation due to the fact I lost consciousness. There's no way in hell I was going to stay in that sh*t hole and risk getting sicker than i already was. So when everyone was occupied doing something else, I rolled off my gurney, waltzed out the door, and never looked back.

Now, even if I was shot in the dick, right in front of Woodhull (which isn't that far-fetched a scenario) I would crawl to Broadway and catch a cab to Beth Israel. Take my advice: avoid Woodhull at all cost

Edited by bindy - Dec 12 2013 at 11:04pm
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:05pm
Lmao
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:06pm
So you've been in an accident, because a gypsy cab driver knocked you off your bike. Or your liver has imploded from all the binge drinking. Or you're having a heart attack from stress and overwork, from trying to hustle to make your rent by working six jobs. And you're in the ambulance. 

Are they taking you to Woodhull? Tell them to STOP and take you somewhere else. 

They're still taking you to Woodhull? Then gather what little strength remains to you and fight your way out of the ambulance. 

Hail a car service if you have to. Bum a ride from your roommate's boyfriend's co-worker's uncle's former cellmate. Steal a bike and ride over the bridge to Manhattan or to the burbs in Queens. 

Just don't go to Woodhull. 

I don't exactly recommend either Wyckoff or Brooklyn Hospital, but I can't be firm enough in saying, never, never go to Woodhull.

A foul aura reeking of dysfunction and death emanates from the slabby brown institutional architecture. An overall sense of misery and deprivation surrounds the whole complex, helped not one bit by the surroundings - the JMZ line overhead, the constant crush of people on foot and in cars, and the ghetto fabulous strutting around exerting their mammalian territorial dominance games on any unlucky enough to cross their paths.

I would not trust this hospital to take my temperature, let alone perform emergency surgery or administer pharmaceuticals.

Flee! Get away!
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:13pm
Jee-zuz!LOL
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:31pm
Damn .

I'd freak the fukc out if someone just dropped dead next to me, and no one came and moved that body.

We used to joke about a hospital like this in Miami called North Shore.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:34pm
How did they know the dude died though? So no one came to confirm he was actually dead and mark a time of death? Not sure I believe that.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:37pm
Well, I know what hospital to go to if I'm ready to die.

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Damn .

I'd freak the fukc out if someone just dropped dead next to me, and no one came and moved that body.

Girl I learned my lesson about North Shore the one time I was taken there after I got in a car accident. They had my arse tied to that damn gurney with one of them lil neck braces for like an hour and a half before they untied me and put me in a room. And I wasn't even that damn hurt besides a gash in my head that ended up needing stitches.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 12:57am
We call it Killahull Hospital around these partsLOL
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Well, I know what hospital to go to if I'm ready to die.

Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Damn .

Girl I learned my lesson about North Shore the one time I was taken there after I got in a car accident. They had my arse tied to that damn gurney with one of them lil neck braces for like an hour and a half before they untied me and put me in a room. And I wasn't even that damn hurt besides a gash in my head that ended up needing stitches.

Girl, when we were in high school, my ex got stabbed right across the street at that lil store.

This nicca tried to get on the jitney to go to Jackson, but the jitney driver told him he didn't want blood all over. He only went ahead and went in North Shore cuz he started getting dizzy.

When his mama and I got there, she told him he must have a death wish and that she would have WALKED to Jackson .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic