Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Won't Somebody Please Think Of The White People?!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Won't Somebody Please Think Of The White People?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:31pm
My issue arrived Friday . Thumbs Up I called for june issue that never hit my mailbox with Prince on the cover . A indian lady name nancy help me . Stern Smile
Sponsored Links

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:45pm
So who exactly are these fans?? I'm finding it hard to believe that white ppl are checking for Essence magazine enough to notice the movie or the two white characters not being on the cover. White people have several magazines to look at themselves on to dry their eyes and ease their weary hearts.

I find it hard to believe black people care enough that two white characters are missing from the cover enough to protest about it unless they are 'new black'

Either way I don't care about white people, their tears, or their hurt feelings.
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:40pm
Geesh, you guys, he is one of the main characters...
He should have been on the cover, whether white people read the magazine or not...

ETA: lol, i meant 'they'

Edited by Cocoa - Jun 08 2014 at 5:42pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

I get it. Why even bother having a token white dude as a star in an ensemble cast if he's not gonna be included in press, yet Lala had five lines and she's on the cover? They could've had the director on both covers and left her irrelevant self off.

Btw is anyone else tired of movies with ensemble casts??

i'm not tired of them but it's overdone with black movies.  it doesn't always have to be a whole family or a whole group of friends.  it seems like hollywood thinks you have to have hella recognizable or semi recognizable black actors to equal 1-2 stars.  i'd like to see more black movies where it's starring 1 or 2 people with everyone else playing the background.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jun 08 2014 at 5:45pm
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I wonder where the complaints are coming from though?? since when white do people read essence? 
team swirl?
Absolutely. Probably a herbal tea kneegrow
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:51am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I wonder where the complaints are coming from though?? since when white do people read essence? 
The new blacks campaigning for the rights of whites.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:01am
White people read Essence?
oneluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:15am
In all honestly they should've been included!
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:48am
Why?
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:59am
hollywood caters for white actors...they have so much privilege...if you're white you'll never be hard pressed to find someone who looks like you in the media...whiteness is invisible and universal at the same time

...so yeah two measly white actors don't appear on the front of a magazine serving blacks? boo hoo...they'll live..idc

Edited by CherryBlossom - Jun 09 2014 at 6:59am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>