Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Womens, how hard is it NOT to have kids?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 55>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 24 Votes, Average 2.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:46am
I respect those who don't have kids.

I respect those single parents who have kids and raise them.

No shade here.
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:54am
i dont believe in mistakes
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

We giving out round of applause for sh*t y'all supposed to be doing anyway?

It's just a testament to how abnormal it is for brutha's and sisters to be childless out here.

But I'm sleep tho.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Kocoa Kocoa wrote:

30 and childless checking in.

The only thing I could say about this (and I'll tell e'erbody) is:

There's no way I'm having kids on my own. I am not a strong woman, I cannot take the struggle.

And honestly, there's no shame in saying this and I wholeheartedly agree. Short of some crazy scenario happening (divorce, widowed, etc), I have no desire to CHOOSE to raise a child solo.

I get tired of BW having the mantra shoved down our throats that we're supposed to ALWAYS be stronger than the rock of Gibraltar and ready to take on every trial and tribulation that life has to give us entirely solo - in other words "I don't need a man". Although it can be done, it's not ideal to be a single parent. It took more than one person to make the baby, it takes more than one to raise a baby.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:22am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

I'm 24, childless and keep getting approached by divorced fathers. idk what it is. Ppl w/ kids should date each other bc they have much more in common *shrugs*

but most don't want to date another person with kids.  why?  cause they want that other person to put their child first.LOL 

this is true

a few things ive read here that amaze me

wont deal with a guy with kids coz you wont be number

wont deal with a guy with kids coz he might be shagging his baby momma

wont deal with a kids whilst they themselves have a child because they wont be number one

wont deal with a guy with kids whilst they themselves have a kid because the guy with said kid might be shagging his babymomma .. but wait what??! doesnt that also mean.. (fill in ,no pun, the blanks)

the list is endless
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:23am
^^^^@model.  I think the message got twisted over time.  My gramma used to say she didn't need a man but that didn't mean that she didn't want one.  She did what she had to do to take care of her babies while she was single. I think AA women back in the day were taught to be self sufficient in case of your man gettin' lynched, sent off to war along with the off chance of divorce.

Back in the day....to be self sufficient not only as a matter of personal pride in being able to take care of yourself but just in case.....just in case.

I think around the late 60's it morphed into you don't need a man period ....that's what alot of women started teaching their girls (for various reasons).   They would give their girl children only half of the African American Proverb.

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 05 2013 at 2:26am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:25am

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

I'm 24, childless and keep getting approached by divorced fathers. idk what it is. Ppl w/ kids should date each other bc they have much more in common *shrugs*

but most don't want to date another person with kids.  why?  cause they want that other person to put their child first.LOL 

this is true

a few things ive read here that amaze me

wont deal with a guy with kids coz you wont be number

wont deal with a guy with kids coz he might be shagging his baby momma

wont deal with a kids whilst they themselves have a child because they wont be number one

wont deal with a guy with kids whilst they themselves have a kid because the guy with said kid might be shagging his babymomma .. but wait what??! doesnt that also mean.. (fill in ,no pun, the blanks)

the list is endless

and u being a babymomma must be gettin' shagged by your ex if this is your thinking process. 

LOLIt's a funny thing.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:28am
and my personal favourite,

only a real man can deal with a woman who has a child

whaaat?

does that mean only a real woman can deal with a man with a child??

y'all got that fuccked up mentality thing going on.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:46am

and my personal favourite,

only a real man can deal with a woman who has a child

whaaat?

does that mean only a real woman can deal with a man with a child??

y'all got that fuccked up mentality thing going on.

sometimes all folks got are shaming tactics. *shrugs* that's the line i've heard low caliber women try to use when dudes who have worked hard to get their sh*t together won't mess with them.  Usually moms/dads who are about their kids and their business don't have to resort to those kinds of lines.

no shade to any of the single moms/dads here and i'm sure ya'll give no fuccs because ya'll sh*t is righteous and crisp but i've heard some doosey's out in these Metropolitan streets.

Disclaimer:
*NewD's definition of low caliber for this thread = women/men who are not about sh*t period....not because they have a child.

Edited by newdiva1 - Feb 05 2013 at 2:47am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 3:04am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 55>
  Share Topic