Women whove had Epidurals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

lol@ lady ice!!

baby was put on my chest, and stopped crying. he snuggled right in and looked at my hubby. I said "hi baby" and he lifted his head up a little and looked at me. pretty sure he looked straight into my soul. nothing else matches that stare.

awww!!! i'm tearing up a little!! Cry

Aww, almost made me cry. I can't wait to meet my little man in December
Sponsored Links

ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:03pm
Has anyone had a 3d ultrasound and was it a clear picture of the baby? I've been debating on whether to get one or not. I really want to see the baby now and being impatient.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:09pm
Awww at the baby first look Cry so touching

Anyways kudos to all yall that went through that. My auntie talks about how she was a straight g during birth. No pain killers, no screaming and went by quickly. Her husband said he doesn't remember it happening that way, but she gave him one look and he shut the hell up lol. I already made up my mind. Stern Smile

exoticmami06 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exoticmami06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

For anyone whose had an epidural, when during the labor did you receive it? Did you receive it soon after requesting or did it take awhile? Did you feel any pain after the epidural and if so how would you describe it? Did the epidural wear off and if so did they immediately redo it?

I'm trying to get as much info on this as possible. I'm taking an epidural class in a few months and plan to get an epidural because I'm terrified of the pain.

when during the labor did you receive it?
As soon as I felt pain I couldn't tolerate very well

Did you receive it soon after requesting or did it take awhile?

I don't remember the exact amount of time, but it took very quickly.

Did you feel any pain after the epidural and if so how would you describe it?

Yes, moderate cramps....but I was able to push a button to receive more medicine when I felt any pain so it didn't last very long.

Did the epidural wear off and if so did they immediately redo it?
See above.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 8:20pm

Has anyone had a 3d ultrasound and was it a clear picture of the baby? I've been debating on whether to get one or not. I really want to see the baby now and being impatient.

Hey, I had mine July 20th. It was clear but I was only 5 months at the time. They said you get a better picture further along in the pregnancy. Ill be having another one in October
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

Hey, I had mine July 20th. It was clear but I was only 5 months at the time. They said you get a better picture further along in the pregnancy. Ill be having another one in October

I'm 28 weeks now. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, maybe in a few weeks.

reesegurl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesegurl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:12pm
I had the 3d ultrasounds with my 3rd and 5th and they are really sweet if you don't have a anterior placenta or a stubborn baby lol. I only caught little glimpses here and there of their face and no matter how much flipping around I did my babies would only peek for a second. When they were born they looked just like they did in the ultrasound pics.
yellalady08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I didn't read the post but I had an epidural with my first and didn't feel a thing.  They gave me the epidural at like 3cm and I had him a few hours after.  I did experience lower back pain for months after. I was 7cm when I arrive at the hospital with my daughter and had her an hour and 45 mins after.  I pushed both my children out in 2 contractions.  The contractions weren't too bad with my natural birth but it burned like hell when I pushed her out and I felt her rip through my vagina. 

ETA: I had an episiotomy with my son and he was only 5lbs(preemie).  The recovery from the episiotomy was much easier than the recovery from tearing with my daughter.

I thought the slight tear was better. That cut was crucial. And burning. Lord! I told the doctor to just grab her by the head and pull her out. It was awful. I will say that I am glad it was a female doctor that delivered my second. She knew what it felt like and told me to push through it. She was a lot more supportive than the male doctor which delivered my first baby. Which was fine since I didnt feel a thing with him.

I was good and drugged up but still remember the first time I looked at him and held him. My husdand took a pic of it too.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:24pm

Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

I'm 28 weeks now. I think I'm going to go ahead and do it, maybe in a few weeks.

Me too turned 28 weeks today actually. When's your due date?
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:30pm
Look for a place doing a good special. I noticed there's tons of places that doing these ultrasounds exclusively after I found my place. 25 bucks. My OB charges 125
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic