FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women who've had Epidurals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:25pm
I'm extremely afraid of childbirth :(
I know when that day comes I'm going to have to anoint myself with oil and say a few prayers like I'm going off to war. 
God bless yall that already went through it... 
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:26pm
Lol lady Ice. Reading the newspaper?!

Ladybird, you go girl. I just saw a segment on how cloth diapers work and all the fun details associated with them this summer. Wow! Lets just say I look forward to polluting the environment with sh*tty disposable diapers. My tummy is not strong enough to do cloth diapering.Dead
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:31pm
LOL CC i don't do it anymore.

there was one day where every diaper was explosive and it would get all in his hair, and he wasn't even sick. sooo much poop and laundry! at midnight, i remember looking at this huge pile i had to wash, and i still had to prepare for school the next day. i went to the store and got a jumbo pack of pampers and have not looked back  LOL

i will say, w/cloth diapering, i never had a prob. with diaper rashes.

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I know when that day comes I'm going to have to anoint myself with oil and say a few prayers like I'm going off to war. 

I picture BF You with a Black Male midwife with Dreads and a Long white Dress so You can see the blood on it to signify the covenant of the Remarkable Day
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:50pm
Man after reading this thread I am so glad I ain't having no damn kid.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

LOL CC i don't do it anymore.

there was one day where every diaper was explosive and it would get all in his hair, and he wasn't even sick. sooo much poop and laundry! at midnight, i remember looking at this huge pile i had to wash, and i still had to prepare for school the next day. i went to the store and got a jumbo pack of pampers and have not looked back  LOL

i will say, w/cloth diapering, i never had a prob. with diaper rashes.

The explosive diapers are the worst (especially if you breastfeed)! Up the back all the way to the neck.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I picture BF You with a Black Male midwife with Dreads and a Long white Dress so You can see the blood on it to signify the covenant of the Remarkable Day
gurl no lol! I don't think I want to do the midwife thing. I hope it happens in the house real fast and unexpected where I just squeeze him/her out on some blankets on the living room floor or something. Kinda like how you hear about it on the news with these teens who secretly gives birth for a couple of minutes and then go on about their business (without neglecting/trashing the baby, of course). 
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 4:56pm
My labor story

Water broke but the contractions never came. I had to get pitocin (sp) to jump start my labor. Contractions were coming back to back....no breaks! I was handling them but I was getting to the point that I had to make a decision. If I had waited too much longer they would not be able to give it to me. I decided to get it and it was smooth sailing from there on out. I was able to take a nap. When it was time to push it was a breeze. 3 pushes and he was here.

It all depends on your body. I would ask the ladies in your family how their body reacted to the epidural. It's not the same for everyone.

My bestftied had to get a c section b/c her labor process came to a complete stop once she got the epidural. Pitocin wouldn't work either
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:01pm

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

gurl no lol! I don't think I want to do the midwife thing. I hope it happens in the house real fast and unexpected where I just squeeze him/her out on some blankets on the living room floor or something. Kinda like how you hear about it on the news with these teens who secretly gives birth for a couple of minutes and then go on about their business (without neglecting/trashing the baby, of course). 

People who have they babies really quick are the really active ones
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 5:14pm

PS. We can only give you tips . Everyone is different . I am a strong supporter of pain meds .

1. The afterbirth can feel like you are pushing out another child .

2. Your husband may pass out .

3.You must be firm with the nurse regarding your pain level.

4. Many couples film the birth . We have a ton of broken camcorders in the lost in found lol.

5. Stock up on PH cream . The first time you urinate will feel like a burning from hell .

6. You can keep your baby in your room if everything is ok . I made sure India was by my side .

7. The old wise tale about cleaning is true . You may clean everything a few hours before delivery . I wash my hair and look like a wild woman .

8.Make sure you have a copy of your pain med orders with you at all times .

9.Purchase heavy flow pads . The hospital use the type you can't purchase .

10. Make sure you have frozen veggies in the freezer. Your breast will hurt like heck .

Edited by india100 - Sep 14 2013 at 5:19pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System