Perfect Hair Collection

Women who've had Epidurals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:58pm
My cousin wanted to do all natural. By the time I got to the hospital to stay with her, she was smiling and looked all happy. My mom then told me that she got an epidural after she felt the contractions. She was passed out sleeping when the baby was crowning. When she was done delivering, her legs were numb so she couldn't move and the nurse had to bring her a bedside pan to pee in every once in awhile. She didn't get a catheter.

Child birth scares me. My friend said she went crashing on the floor when she felt the contractions and her husband had to pick her up to put her in the car. But I have another person that said natural birth wasn't that bad and she tore a little bit (ouch). She said her first time she gave birth she got an epidural and she tore a lot because she couldn't feel herself pushing so she over did it. Guess everyone is different.

Im tender headed so I know my pain tolerance is low. I can barely stand getting weaves and cornrows how the hell am I going to give birth? Epidural all the way.
Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:10pm
I honestly don't think my pain tolerance is all that high, but everyone I know has had issues with epidurals and hat just scares me. I don't want to be in unbearable pain. I have have extremely bad menstrual cramps. I throw up everything and get extremely sick. I ain't walk or anything the pain is so bad. So just imagining labor makes me feel like it will be worse than that, which I don't think I can handle. I'm just torn. I don't want to not be able to use my legs....

Eta: I know labor can be excruciating pain, so I know it's worse than cramps

Edited by Lonisha87 - Sep 14 2013 at 1:12pm
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the stories ladies, I'm hearing more good than bad unlike the pregnancy forums where it seems 9/10 Epidurals are bad.

This is eleviating my fear somewhat.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:34pm
Please take the EPI . I snatch a track off the nurse head at 2 cm . Never allow the doc's to induce labor unless your baby life is in danger. Make sure the Anesthesiologist is close by if they give you too little meds . I felt pain from hell with the Afterbirth . The Epidural did not last for the 80 minutes i went through to have India . I plan to have one more next year with pain meds .
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

Thanks for the stories ladies, I'm hearing more good than bad unlike the pregnancy forums where it seems 9/10 Epidurals are bad.

Yeah these responses are better. Everyone in preggo forums says trit horrible, no don't do it
reesegurl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesegurl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

[QUOTE=reesegurl11] I have had one epidural and 5 spinals, the epidural was not a big deal for me. I went fast with my first so I got my epi at 7cm and my sons heart started to drop due to cord compression so by the time I could push the epi had worn off and I felt everything when pushing. I have a high pain tolerance and it wasn't so bad but I really don't remember since it was almost 11yrs ago.

Keep in mind they have walking epidurals so if your hospital offers that might be a better choice so you can help bring the baby down with walking and your labor hopefully won't

What is the difference between the epidural and the spinal? Also if anyone else knows, what types of other medicine do they have for pain management besides the epidural?

Sorry I just saw your post

An epi numbs from the waist down and you have a catheter in your back to get continuos meds if needed and a spinal is one shot that numbs from about mid chest and down. It also takes longer for the spinal to ware off.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:18pm
if i didn't have an epidural, idk how i would have gotten through it. seriously. every time the doc checked me to see how far i was dialated, i had a panic attack. getting that epi allowed me to calm down and focus.

i got a full epidural by request. so i didn't feel anything. it slowed down my labor significantly and i got pictocin. i got a catheter after the epi. when it was time to push, they dialed back the dosage so i could feel the pressure.

i checked into the hospital @ 9am and had him right before 8pm. i pushed for 20min.

for me, trying to do that first poop afterwards was scarier than the labor LOL (hint: don't skimp on the stool softeners)

when he was 3 months, i had a twinge at the epi spot but that has been it.

have yall looked into water births? i hear wonderful things about them. and walking epidurals are a good inbetween. my best friend had one and she hobbled around the halls until she was ready to push and w/3 pushes, the baby was out.

just do what is best for YOU. no one else is having that baby but you, and we can only give you our personal stories. don't listen to women saying that you're not a real woman if you don't go at it naturally. (hint: if the baby is coming out of your body, you are a real woman)

i bet eve herself would have considered an epidural.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:37pm

Yeah these responses are better. Everyone in preggo forums says trit horrible, no don't do it

preggo forums are horrible w/ their mommy wars and ish.

i think it's a lot of mob mentality going on there w/ regards to what kind of birth you should have and what you should feed your baby and whether or not you should be a SAHM. sleep training is a big one as well.

a lot of guilt tripping goes on and people refuse to accept that one way isn't the best for everyone.

i quit going on them when a lot of ppl jumped on this one poster asking for advice for the best diaper (huggies v. pampers) and called her a bad mom for not cloth diapering.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

just do what is best for YOU. no one else is having that baby but you, and we can only give you our personal stories. don't listen to women saying that you're not a real woman if you don't go at it naturally. (hint: if the baby is coming out of your body, you are a real woman)
Lamp

This thread has been informative!

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

preggo forums are horrible w/ their mommy wars and ish.

i think it's a lot of mob mentality going on there w/ regards to what kind of birth you should have and what you should feed your baby and whether or not you should be a SAHM. sleep training is a big one as well.

a lot of guilt tripping goes on and people refuse to accept that one way isn't the best for everyone.

i quit going on them when a lot of ppl jumped on this one poster asking for advice for the best diaper (huggies v. pampers) and called her a bad mom for not cloth diapering.

See that's the ish I don't like. Thy jump down throats for just asking advice. I tell the judgemental bitches to stay in a different sub forum and away from us if they gon' act like that. They also get cussed out with the quickness.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic