FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Women whove had Epidurals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:11am
i was 1cm dialated with my son
right before c section with my daughter
Sponsored Links

bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:38am
Wasn't too painful, results in 10 mins...my legs were numb for maybe 8-10 hours. I told my nurse she couldn't put my catheter in until I got the epidural.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:43am
this is making my body hurt I'm due in January
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 10:51am
If they told me to make a choice of picking an epidural or being bald.......I will simply tell them to give me the epidural and pass me a wave brush and mac makeup. I will be the flyest bald bytch on earth!
candyrainz_409 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyrainz_409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 11:53am
Damn its that bad? I'm scurred...
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:11pm
Had epi's with both pregnancies the 1st went smooth, the 2nd didn't. Please be aware of your body & don't let anyone do ANYTHING to you prior to the epi kicking in. With my son I scheduled his birth. I had to have an amniocenteses even tho you could see the boys extremities through my stomach (he was 9.3oz & 23" long!!) Anyway after the amino, the anesthesiologist came in & inserted the needle, well I had had this done before & something didn't feel right. He proceeds to give me the "test" which was running a wet cotton ball down my legs, he then asked me did I feel it, I said yes, you're running a cold cotton ball down my leg. He goes "oh okay it will take a few mins for it to "kick in"...Stern Smile Welp those few mins never came. They wheel me in the OR strap me down and begin the surgery. The first slice, I started screaming bloody murder & tried my hardest to get up & get the hell up outta there!! I was trashing around screaming you're cutting me open!! The next thing I knew the gas mask came & I was knocked out! I never saw my son being born...very very devastating!
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Had epi's with both pregnancies the 1st went smooth, the 2nd didn't. Please be aware of your body & don't let anyone do ANYTHING to you prior to the epi kicking in. With my son I scheduled his birth. I had to have an amniocenteses even tho you could see the boys extremities through my stomach (he was 9.3oz & 23" long!!) Anyway after the amino, the anesthesiologist came in & inserted the needle, well I had had this done before & something didn't feel right. He proceeds to give me the "test" which was running a wet cotton ball down my legs, he then asked me did I feel it, I said yes, you're running a cold cotton ball down my leg. He goes "oh okay it will take a few mins for it to "kick in"...Stern Smile Welp those few mins never came. They wheel me in the OR strap me down and begin the surgery. The first slice, I started screaming bloody murder & tried my hardest to get up & get the hell up outta there!! I was trashing around screaming you're cutting me open!! The next thing I knew the gas mask came & I was knocked out! I never saw my son being born...very very devastating!

OMG.  Did you sue?  This sounds traumatizing. 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:19pm
No I didn't, was very young & my sister worked @ the hospital & she was acting like miss celle when I was crying to her telling her what happened. I honestly just wanted to get the hell out of that hell hole! The bad thing was, after I came to, I couldn't speak, I guess they had to intubate me & in doing so, cut the back of my throat, it was the worse experience...
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:56pm
I didn't have one with my son, even though I begged for one. I honestly contemplated suicide with that labor. With my daughter, I got one at about 5 /7 centimeters and was in heaven. I couldn't feel my legs but was still able to push and if her 8lb 12oz fat butt hadn't been Sunny Side Up & had to turn, labor with her wouldve way shorter than with my 8lb 5oz son. But the 1st baby usually has a longer labor.

I don't regret my epidural and my daughter had a perfect Apgar score.
Every woman is different and every labor is different. I just knew I didn't want to experience pain so great that it made me want to kill myself again so before it got to that point, I asked for the epi and got it. But the 1st labor as Pitocin induced and that makes a big difference. The contractions are a lot more brutal in induced labor.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:58pm
My cousin wanted to do all natural. By the time I got to the hospital to stay with her, she was smiling and looked all happy. My mom then told me that she got an epidural after she felt the contractions. She was passed out sleeping when the baby was crowning. When she was done delivering, her legs were numb so she couldn't move and the nurse had to bring her a bedside pan to pee in every once in awhile. She didn't get a catheter.

Child birth scares me. My friend said she went crashing on the floor when she felt the contractions and her husband had to pick her up to put her in the car. But I have another person that said natural birth wasn't that bad and she tore a little bit (ouch). She said her first time she gave birth she got an epidural and she tore a lot because she couldn't feel herself pushing so she over did it. Guess everyone is different.

Im tender headed so I know my pain tolerance is low. I can barely stand getting weaves and cornrows how the hell am I going to give birth? Epidural all the way.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic