Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women who've had Epidurals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
yellalady08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yellalady08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:12pm
I said the same thing. That was some good sleep. I would love to have small doses in pill form. The liquid is cokld and it feels weird going in. If you are in serious labor that shot won't hurt at all. With my first baby I didn't feel anything after the medication started working. It was a serious calming. I went to sleep and they had to wake me to start pushing.

With my second. God bless me. It only stopped the contractions. I could feel Everyrhing else. EVERYTHING. I was a cursing fool. I heard that was normal with the second and they are usually born quicker. She came out 4 minutes after I started pushing.

Congrats . I wish you the best safe and fast labor possible.
Sponsored Links

ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Epidural is God sent. Ask for it Immediately and you wont feel a thing. Everyone told me I wasn't a real women for asking for Epidurals so I said ok my last baby I won't ask for one. That 1st contraction I was like whew I can do this. Breathe in and breathe out. The 2nd one hit I was like urrrrg channeling Mike Tyson and wonder woman at the same time. That 3rd one hit I almost removed my hubbys balls. Anything I could grab I was grabbing and biting on a towel. The 4th one came and I was like efff that. Nurse where is the damn doctor. I told them give me the EPIDURAL right now or I'm destroying this room. 5th one was about to hit and by now my wig is on the floor, I took off all my clothes and I was yelling like a crazy woman knocking stuff over. The doc came with the drugs and after that I was a peaceful patient saying yes ma'am and please after every sentence.LOL

ETA: I have a juicy cooch so the baby came slipping out with only 2 pushes. I didnt feel a thang with any of my kids after the liquid crack is inserted.

Too funny. I've been reading stories where the doctor has to cut the epidural off when it's time to push because they couldn't feel anything to push. I swear my doctor will be cussed out if she tries to do this.

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:19pm
^^ oh yeah. the first time they had to tell me when to push. lmao. i had finally gotten some sleep...good times.
lmao @ sugar she aint lying. that stuff will tame the beast in you.LOLCry

Edited by Lady ICE - Sep 14 2013 at 10:05am
reesegurl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesegurl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:22pm
I have had one epidural and 5 spinals, the epidural was not a big deal for me. I went fast with my first so I got my epi at 7cm and my sons heart started to drop due to cord compression so by the time I could push the epi had worn off and I felt everything when pushing. I have a high pain tolerance and it wasn't so bad but I really don't remember since it was almost 11yrs ago.

Keep in mind they have walking epidurals so if your hospital offers that might be a better choice so you can help bring the baby down with walking and your labor hopefully won't stall.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

I hear you have to get a catheter when you get an epidural.  You can't feel your urges to go....

The worst feeling in the world is when they take out that catheter and trying to pee afterward. That pain is no joke.... I
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 12:11am
[QUOTE=reesegurl11] I have had one epidural and 5 spinals, the epidural was not a big deal for me. I went fast with my first so I got my epi at 7cm and my sons heart started to drop due to cord compression so by the time I could push the epi had worn off and I felt everything when pushing. I have a high pain tolerance and it wasn't so bad but I really don't remember since it was almost 11yrs ago.

Keep in mind they have walking epidurals so if your hospital offers that might be a better choice so you can help bring the baby down with walking and your labor hopefully won't

What is the difference between the epidural and the spinal? Also if anyone else knows, what types of other medicine do they have for pain management besides the epidural?
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:10am
^^^They gave me Demerol...but that was 20yrs ago
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:19am
I got it after I was 5 cm I think (this was a couple years ago). It was great! JUST WONDERFUL! I was able to breath at last without feeling pain, watch a movie and talk. My husband was able to sit down and stop fanning me with a paper (note to self: bring fan next time).

It was turned off when it was time to push which was only an hour and a half after I got the epidural. It was so painful but I can understand why they needed to do it but I still hate it. It hurt so much! But I was able to feel everything and that did help me push (3x Thumbs Up ) and get that boy out.

Next time as soon as I walk in I will ask for one. I won't wait around and try natural. It is just not for me at all. It took two hours for the person to do it to get to me Angry so I am placing my order early since I know what is in store.

Ladies on page 1 are right..it feels so good. Also I was able to go to the bathroom but if you can't get up and go or feel it..it does not matter. Those nurses and doctors have seen and heard it all.

Also congrats on the baby, may it be quick, easy and healthy birth/baby Star

Edited by Prazol60 - Sep 14 2013 at 1:22am
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 1:51am
Oh okay. Anything else. I want to try without the epidural
sweet_n_stuff04 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet_n_stuff04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2013 at 9:01am
The epidural was the worse idea a ever made. it made everything but my contractions numb. I wasn't able to move my legs... I couldn't feel anything while I was pushing. it sucked.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic