BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Women Prisoners in Cali Sterilized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:06pm

ehhh...i could see this for repeat offenders

really they need to sterilize the males first..esp the ones that are already have kids 
Sponsored Links

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:27pm
Eek, this thread is scary.  They actually admitted either not knowing that they needed to get approval or purposely putting "medical emergency" on the paper to avoid going through the proper channels.  That's at best incompetence.  This is a very easy situation for abuse to happen.  I get that people are eager to diminish the occurrence of "undesirables" having children.  It seems like people are even willing to overlook glaring problems with the system to allow it.  We should ALWAYS empower women to make healthy decisions about when and how they conceive.  That doesn't happen when someone is being nudged while drugged or when they're being pressured by someone who is simply looking at the bottom line.  You don't solve systemic problems with shortcuts.  Yes, it's a good opportunity for a lot of women to get the healthcare they need, but I'm really not okay with ignoring the fact the doctors aren't going through the proper channels to do this.

Edited by JasmineE02 - Apr 21 2014 at 5:31pm
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:48pm
couple thoughts...

1) i am for sterilization. i dont feel people should be forced into it though. however, there are some situations where i believe it should happen.  most of those are for people who abuse children, endanger and neglect children.  this goes for both men and women.  i dont think its a bad idea, just the way it happens is wrong and who they target for it. but lets be real. someone people should have their right to procreate revoked!

2) in what areas of the U.S. are whites killing each other (or any people) at the rate of black crime?  forgive my ignorance, because i really dont know in what areas this happens. can someone please enlighten me?

because when i hear about in chicago over this easter weekend, there were 45 people shot, 9 killed and look at the crime in other cities around the country,and the alarming rates of murders that we know are majority black, brown etc.  i am just trying to figure out where is other crime happening like this that goes unreported?

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:53pm
I checked the case that made this stuff possible (Buck vs Bell) and she was sterilized because they claimed she was retarded and had an illegitimate child. Thing is, she was actually raped by her adoptive mother's nephew, so to protect the family, they sent her away.
I also read an article about a black woman who in the 50's or 60's was sterilized as a teenager because she was considered retarded - but she wasn't.

If the women being sterilized agree to the surgery - great. But if they were being forced to it, I find it wrong.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

couple thoughts...

1) i am for sterilization. i dont feel people should be forced into it though. however, there are some situations where i believe it should happen.  most of those are for people who abuse children, endanger and neglect children.  this goes for both men and women.  i dont think its a bad idea, just the way it happens is wrong and who they target for it. but lets be real. someone people should have their right to procreate revoked!

2) in what areas of the U.S. are whites killing each other (or any people) at the rate of black crime?  forgive my ignorance, because i really dont know in what areas this happens. can someone please enlighten me?

because when i hear about in chicago over this easter weekend, there were 45 people shot, 9 killed and look at the crime in other cities around the country,and the alarming rates of murders that we know are majority black, brown etc.  i am just trying to figure out where is other crime happening like this that goes unreported?

white folk like to kill a whole lot of ppl at one time (columbine, the mall, the movies, V. Tech etc)
Black folk kill a few at a time, more frequently.
White folk in the government with blood on their hands>>>>>>>black killers killing

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I checked the case that made this stuff possible (Buck vs Bell) and she was sterilized because they claimed she was retarded and had an illegitimate child. Thing is, she was actually raped by her adoptive mother's nephew, so to protect the family, they sent her away.
I also read an article about a black woman who in the 50's or 60's was sterilized as a teenager because she was considered retarded - but she wasn't.

If the women being sterilized agree to the surgery - great. But if they were being forced to it, I find it wrong.

oh they did this plenty to poor blacks back then, esp in the south...Eugenics was is very real
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

couple thoughts...

We have rehashed this a million times on BHM and I honestly find it really crazy that we still have to argue over the myth of black on black crime.  Yt ppl kill scores of their own folks on a daily basis but we're the ones who are so embarrassed that we actually have criminals in our community that we're willing to accept the same narrative that has been shoved down our throats since we got here.  Anyway for sh*ts and giggles this is an example of a previous discussion:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I did a quick google search and this article came up.
It's relevant.

that article actually says what i felt in my gut anyway...

....But there’s a huge problem with attempt to shift the conversation: There’s no such thing as “black-on-black” crime. Yes, from 1976 to 2005, 94 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders, but that racial exclusivity was also true for white victims of violent crime—86 percent were killed by white offenders. Indeed, for the large majority of crimes, you’ll find that victims and offenders share a racial identity, or have some prior relationship to each other.

What Shapiro and others miss about crime, in general, is that it’s driven by opportunism and proximity; If African-Americans are more likely to be robbed, or injured, or killed by other African-Americans, it’s because they tend to live in the same neighborhoods as each other. Residential statistics bear this out (PDF); blacks are still more likely to live near each other or other minority groups than they are to whites. And of course, the reverse holds as well—whites are much more likely to live near other whites than they are to minorities and African-Americans in particular.

Nor are African-Americans especially criminal. If they were, you would still see high rates of crime among blacks, even as the nation sees a historic decline in criminal offenses. Instead, crime rates among African-Americans, and black youth in particular, have taken a sharp drop. In Washington, D.C., for example, fewer than 10 percent of black youth are in a gang, have sold drugs, have carried a gun, or have stolen more than $100 in goods....

----------

.....“Black-on-black crime” has been part of the American lexicon for decades, but as a specific phenomenon, it’s no more real than “white-on-white crime.” Unlike the latter, however, the idea of “black-on-black crime” taps into specific fears around black masculinity and black criminality—the same fears that, in Florida, led George Zimmerman to focus his attention on Trayvon Martin, and in New York, continue to justify Michael Bloomberg’s campaign of police harassment against young black men in New York City.

Indeed, these fears are the reason that—in predominantly African-American neighborhoods across the country—police gathered and waited. There might be riots, observers said, and we have to be prepared. Why? The protests in support of Martin have been peaceful, and no one has called for violence or retribution. But that doesn’t matter.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:04pm
Chicago is a classic example of a city in complete failure.  Shove everyone into a small space and make sure there are few jobs and choices or transportation or empowerment of families.  Proximity crime explodes.  Fail. 
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:25pm
The doctor's quote alone is enough for me to realize that he has his own political agenda behind it, which goes against the role of a doctor. His license was given to him on the basis that he would have the patient's best interest in mind when providing care and that includes letting the women know all of their options. He wasn't given a license so he can fight welfare by sterilizing women from impoverished or troubled backgrounds.

An IUD is an effective long-term non permanent form of birth control. Andddd they are concealing their sterilizations as a medical emergency to avoid scrutiny. Yeahhhh noooo. 

Edited by keepgrowing - Apr 21 2014 at 7:27pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:33pm
^guuurl!

I'm just surprised so many Black folk are for this shady man's methods of sterilization that will be targeting mostly poor brown women. It's like we forget how the govt likes to treat brown people.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>