Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Women Prisoners in Cali Sterilized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

When you look at organizations like The Innocence Project, you have to ask yourself why are the majority of the people who are wrongly convicted of crimes they did not commit, Black?

It's because the prison system does not primarily exist to house criminals, but as a replacement system for the now "illegal" slave system. Do you think America was just going to get rid of the system that made it the "most powerful nation in human history" without replacing it? Huh

And with the scare of Whites becoming "minorities" in a majority-driven country, do you really think that Whites are just going to sit on their ass and allow that to happen without reacting to it? What in their history makes you think that they are that docile?

Imprisoning Black men and women en mass kills two birds with one stone

No lies detected
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I laughed at "Pah Pah Pah!"

LOL I could only hear this all times of day and night if I lived smack in the middle of a war zone.   Who lives in a neighborhood where this is all day everyday and twice on Sunday?  Geez.  I'm moving after the 2nd shot rings out. 

I said that in response to the comment about white areas not being policed as heavily. Who's not gonna call the police if shots are being fired? That's what they're for. If white folks are not out here killing each other at the same rate then the issue is that they probably have more police protection, not less.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

This article doesn't give the full story.

The women aren't forced. Those who are most likely to be offered sterilization are women who are giving birth in jail or already have multiple children. Women also can request the procedure, and many of the ones who get it do so because they requested it. Why? Because there's no financial burden and they're better able to recover.

It's a great and needed program. Women who already have multiple children and the stigma of conviction already have a hard enough time to readjusting. They need all the help they can get and having more children they can't afford (emotionally or financially) is detrimental.
I'm a nurse in jail and there are so many times I say to myself some of the fools who keep coming back to jail should be sterilized. I got one 18 year old girl in there now who is pregnant and I swear she should've been sterilized. But she's going to be a mother who has about 6 kids because the girl is unstable. Smh.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

But anyway since we believe black people are killing one another on some amazingly outrageous rates are we, the public, then okay with the sterilization of black inmates?  I'm not okay with making a judgement call that all of those future unborn children (white or black) should be eliminated because some of them might participate in gang violence.  Not a good enough reason to sterilize captives. 

That's not the main reason for this program though.

The main reason is to save money through decreasing the need for foster care, cash welfare, and other government subsidies.

Fewer children born to ex-convicts is better for the kids, the convicts, the community, and the state.

Thanks maysay but I was responding to what liesnalibies actually said, not what the justification being given by prison officials is.  She offered and alternate justification.   I'm very skeptical of both but black on black crime as a justification is not working for me even more. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:25pm
Did I make a justification? Where?
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:31pm
So justification isn't the right word.  I just followed the logical progression of the question from my perspective.  Semantics or conversation or whatever you want to call it.  It was a leading question.    I took it where it led ME.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:32pm
where are the white women?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:33pm
Okay I feel like this conversation has been going in all different directions intentionally and unintentionally. I was specifically replying to Alias saying white areas aren't being policed as heavily as black areas. Whether women in prison should be sterilized is to me a different subject. But I do agree that some people don't know how to take care of themselves and maybe do not know what is best for themselves. There is definitely a conflict of interest though when it comes to a white, higher economic class person influencing that decision.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:59pm
You're right star.  I didn't pay close attention to Avi's post (subject shift).  She made a good point and the answer about "black on black" crime is the same.  It is a myth that impacts where most arrests are made.  It is not a real thing that dictates the need to have police in one area vs another. 
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

where are the white women?

they don't need to be sterilized they can have all the babies they want
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions