Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women Prisoners in Cali Sterilized
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Women Prisoners in Cali Sterilized

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 76017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are

Okay can I say something though? Are white people killing each other on the level that black people are? Now if they were just selling drugs and keeping relatively peaceful I could see where you coming from but ain't nobody bout to ignore allat pah! pah! pah! all times of the day and night.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 270693
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:28pm
lmao

The prison system does not exist because Black people were killing each other in large numbers
Girl, bye

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are

Okay can I say something though? Are white people killing each other on the level that black people are? Now if they were just selling drugs and keeping relatively peaceful I could see where you coming from but ain't nobody bout to ignore allat pah! pah! pah! all times of the day and night.
Back to Top
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 12 2005
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 53017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:32pm
Social workers will offer this option so does WIC (they are permitted to discuss it) and so does family planning.
It's an option and if you don't want this offered to you in jail then I suggest you stay out of jail.


Edited by Katrenia - Apr 21 2014 at 1:32pm
Back to Top
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 27 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 76017
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

lmao

The prison system does not exist because Black people were killing each other in large numbers
Girl, bye

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are

Okay can I say something though? Are white people killing each other on the level that black people are? Now if they were just selling drugs and keeping relatively peaceful I could see where you coming from but ain't nobody bout to ignore allat pah! pah! pah! all times of the day and night.

You know what, you didn't answer the question. I'll leave it at that.


Edited by liesnalibis - Apr 21 2014 at 1:36pm
Back to Top
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 03 2006
Location: venus
Status: Offline
Points: 98463
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:44pm
Forcing economically unstable women to procreate by limiting their access to and education about all forms of family planning is what's driving the real genocide.
Back to Top
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 10 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 55229
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:45pm


Dr. James Heinrich, an OB-GYN at Valley State Prison for Women, said, “Over a 10-year period, that isn’t a huge amount of money compared to what you save in welfare paying for these unwanted children – as they procreated more."


There is a regulation in California that requires state approval for each sterilization procedure. Doctors at the prison were able to get around that, however. The prison medical manager said she signed off on the sterilizations since Heinrich listed them as a “medical emergency."


He needs to lose his license.


Edited by keepgrowing - Apr 21 2014 at 1:50pm
Back to Top
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2009
Location: TTT
Status: Offline
Points: 306261
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 2:23pm
I'm totally against coercion or even being given the option in a jail environment period, where no one is really in their right mind...but the state should totally offer sterilization to women with 3+ kids...you don't NEED anymore children unless you plan on funding them your damn self.  This mainly includes those polygamous who are gaming the system with their 15 children households... but the problem is that white ppl will never agree to sterilization.


Back to Top
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 02 2010
Location: Hell
Status: Offline
Points: 232150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are

Okay can I say something though? Are white people killing each other on the level that black people are? Now if they were just selling drugs and keeping relatively peaceful I could see where you coming from but ain't nobody bout to ignore allat pah! pah! pah! all times of the day and night.



Yes.

Quote

Black-on-Black Crime You Say? White People kill Each Other Just as Much as Black People Do

weapo1

By

Chenelle A. Jones, Ph.D.

Ohio Dominican University

Over the past weekend, thousands of Americans rallied in over 100 cities across the nation.  People from all walks of life united in a call for justice in response to the recent Zimmerman verdict.

However, as protesters converged on their respective City Halls, Capitol buildings, and designated neighborhoods, another protest was emerging in social media outlets.  This protest was not directed towards injustices within the criminal justice system, nor was it directed towards issues concerning racism or discrimination.  This protest was directed towards the Black community for demanding justice.

 

Many people (particularly right-winged conservatives) argued that for Black people to demand justice following the murder of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, was to demonstrate a hypocritical disposition towards criminality and the justice system.  Especially, since Blacks are more likely than any other race, to commit crimes against other Blacks.

 

This phenomenon is often referred to as “Black-on-Black Crime”.  The resounding message was that Blacks need to address crime within their own community before attempting to address it outside of their community.  This point of view is valid.  Crime within the Black community is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed, but this shouldn’t underscore the fact that Blacks are also disparately treated in the criminal justice system and have the right to advocate systemic change.  The surge of peaceful activism may be the very catalyst that initiates substantive criminal justice reform which subsequently facilitates a reduction in crime and victimization trends among Blacks.

 

There is no question that crime within the Black community is an issue.  However, there is a need to discuss and deconstruct this notion of “Black-on-Black Crime”.  The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) notes that most crime is intra-racial.  Statistics show that 84% of White victims are killed by Whites and 93% of Black victims are killed by Blacks (BJS, 2011).

 

So to argue that the intra-racial phenomenon of crime victimization is unique to the Black community is to demonstrate an inaccurate assessment of historical and contemporary crime and victimization trends.  Furthermore, to acknowledge the existence of “Black-on-Black” crime without equally acknowledging the existence of “White-on-White” crime is to perpetuate a myth of inherent black criminality, and Blacks are not inherently criminal.

 

A majority of crimes against Blacks are committed by other Blacks and that same argument can be made for Whites.  Crime is often associated with proximity.  Blacks are more likely to live near other Blacks therefore the opportunity to offend Blacks is greater.  Whites are more likely to live near other Whites therefore the opportunity to offend Whites is greater.  This is evidenced in intra-racial crime trends and from this perspective, Black-on-Black crime is just as real (or unreal) as White-on-White crime.

 

Another issue with the “Black-on-Black Crime” argument is that it perpetuates the notion that crime trends in the black community have not improved, nor have Blacks worked to facilitate its improvement.  Although there is always room for improvement when it comes to crime trends, it must be noted that homicide rates for Blacks have declined dramatically. The offending rate for Blacks was 51 per 100,000 in 1991 and that rate has since dropped to 24 per 100,000 (BJS, 2011).

 

There is no doubt that the current homicide rate for Blacks is still high but it must be acknowledged that the rate has declined.  So, to suggest that the Black community should focus on crime issues within their community and not consider broader, macro-level issues that may contribute to crime and victimization trends within the community, is to demonstrate a clear misunderstanding of how historically racial and socio-economic trends converge to impact crime rates.  Furthermore, to suggest that Blacks should focus on issues of crime within their community before addressing crime within a broader context, is to blatantly overlook the work that has already been done, and the work that continues to be done to address crime rates.

 

The final issue with the “Black-on-Black Crime” argument involves the disparate treatment of Black and White offenders in the criminal justice system.  Whites represent a majority of the American population and are responsible for 54% of murders involving an intimate partner, 59% of murders involving a family member, 55% of murders involving infants, 56% of murders involving elders, 54% of s*x related murders, 53% of gang related murders, 70% of workplace related murders, 55% of arson related murders, 80% of poison related murders, and 53% of murders involving multiple victims (BJS, 2011).  Blacks comprise 13% of the population and are responsible for 59% of felony murders, 65% of drug murders, 50% of murders involving an argument, 56% of gun homicides, and 54% of murders with multiple offenders (BJS, 2011).

Although Whites commit more types of homicides in comparison to Blacks, Blacks are more likely to be arrested and convicted.  Whites are just as likely as Blacks to commit crimes against people of their own race, but Blacks often receive longer sentences and are more likely to be incarcerated or sentenced to d***h when they commit crimes against people of their own race.  It is a double-standard that Whites who commit crimes are more likely to be acquitted, and Blacks who commit crimes and are more likely to be convicted.  This historical issue of racially disparate treatment in the criminal justice system is another reason why people rally for justice.  Using the “Black-on-Black Crime” argument only serves as a means to distract people from macro-level issues of injustice.

Crime within the Black community is indisputably an issue, however the “Black-on-Black Crime” argument should not be used as a means to distract the Black community from demanding justice within the criminal justice system.  Blacks can simultaneously work towards improving their own crime trends and demand justice.  So, let the protesters continue in their pursuits.  If they want to march, let them march, if they want to sit-in, let them sit-in, if they want to boycott, let them boycott because when all is said and done, the protestors will be the vessels that will move this nation.

 

Sources:  Bureau of Justice Statistics (2011).  Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008.  U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs.

Back to Top
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 06 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 116506
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are

Okay can I say something though? Are white people killing each other on the level that black people are? Now if they were just selling drugs and keeping relatively peaceful I could see where you coming from but ain't nobody bout to ignore allat pah! pah! pah! all times of the day and night.


Absolutely!!!!!!   Since there is no such thing as black on black crime there is also no such thing as white on white crime.  Its just crime.   If you don't think there are a TON of poor whites in jail you are very much mistaken.  But blacks are disproportionately jailed for the exact same crimes committed by whites as well.  And they are probably disproportionately sterilized.  Yup, I would love to see those numbers. 
Back to Top
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 10 2008
Location: DUKE TOWN!
Status: Offline
Points: 42026
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:26pm
I laughed at "Pah Pah Pah!"
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down