BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women Prisoners in Cali Sterilized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

It also makes me uncomfortable that they weren't getting approval do this when they're supposed to.  

right? it really worries me that they seem to be doing everything to cut corners, like I said it's 1000% okay if that's what the inmate wants but like kfoxx pointed out something in the milk ain't clean with this whole thing:

According to CIR's report, some of the doctors performing the procedures — sometimes for inmates deemed likely to be repeat offenders, or those with many children — argued that they were doing so only in the event of a "medical emergency," a designation that would also allow them to bypass the review process. Others seemed unaware that there were restrictions on the procedures at all. 
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:43pm
So far, the way the program has been run has passed scrutiny. I'd be worried if they were performing the procedures without the patient's knowledge or consent. Or if the majority of the female population was coming out sterilized, including those without children. At this point it's a tiny percentage.

If the women were promised things like extended time with their babies while in jail, reduced sentences, money, or positive recommendations for family reunification...then I'd be worried because that's coercion.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:45pm
So their coercing these women into this. I know it's prison but are all of these women beyond repair. Some people get out of jail and go on to lead good respectable lives and should have a chance at bearing a child. If it's their choice then cool, but damn,
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that, especially because the women were given an option but why aren't they sterilizing the men in jail too? They can procreate too and worse, many will leave the woman to take care of the child alone.

Because we don't have enough money.

The prison healthcare system in California is already a sh*tstorm. I think it makes sense to target the dollars towards women in this case because women are the ones who end up burdened with the care of the child.

If it were up to me, pretty much any parent in jail would be approached about sterilization. But at this point our prison medical system is so bad that it was deemed unconstitutional and inhumane. That's a much bigger issue.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:50pm
In that case the men should be sterilized because they are the ones who can get several women pregnant at once, thus bringing more unwanted children into the world.
It is not common for women to get pregnant of triplets or more children at once.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:53pm
I completely agree with you. On average a woman is only going to have 1 kid a year while a man could have 365 if he felt so inclined.

If it were up to me, any parent that walks through the prison doors would be offered sterilization.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:01pm
It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I'm at least glad they're being given an option.. but are they really being given options?

I mean.. they're being pressured. These women could be receiving pressure to be sterilized through means such as bribery, mistreatment, or other methods of coercion. Is it really voluntary or are they just putting enough pressure on the inmates to where they have to choose to be sterilized for the sake of better treatment?

No wonder people of color literally get funneled into prisons. It's not only highly profitable, but it's population control.

This. First thing that came to mind. Y'all are crazy if you think that some of these women aren't pushed against the wall to accept sterilization. This is the LAST thing that women of colour should accept in America. This is doomsday scary. That's what Hitler started out doing.

The things that people find increasingly normal with a little bit of persuasion... It's freaking me out.
I promise that was exactly what I was thinking. 

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:12pm
The government could mass execute prisoners in this country and no one would blink an eye

Something happens when a person gets labelled "criminal". It's like we all become White and it's suddenly 1465... we just don't give a f*ck

That's all you have to do to get away with a mass crime. Paint the people with pathologies and re-label them to fit your justification

Edited by Alias_Avi - Apr 21 2014 at 1:13pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

It's silly to think that the state cares about the welfare of these women's children

This is apart of population control... do you think they'd do this to imprisoned women if most of them were White? Of course they wouldn't

Funny how poor White populations are never heavily patrolled by the police like Black and Brown ones are

Lamp
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>