Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > My Experiences
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women of Excellence 2010: are you double minded?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWomen of Excellence 2010: are you double minded?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Sidney View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women of Excellence 2010: are you double minded?
    Posted: Feb 15 2010 at 12:27pm
Hey Ladies,

Real faith is unmovable.  It is certain.   The bible says that faith comes from hearing, and hearing comes from the word of God!  (Romans 10:17).  If you have a word from God, it should produce faith.  A word that isn't from God may produce doubt, it will be unstable, and lead to double-mindedness.  If a word that is from God, and you doubt, it can also lead to double-mindedness. 

James 1:6-8
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.  For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lordhe is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

We know what a wave is like.  Waves are restless.  One day (or second) they are in one state, the next day they are in another state.  The double minded man is the same way.  He is unstable!  And look at verse 7, he will not receive anything from the Lord.Shocked

Psalm 125:1
They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth forever

Those that trust the Lord, have the kind of faith that cannot be removed.  Unlike the waves, the mountains can not be removed.  So, if you find yourself, contantly 'to and fro' and doubting, you must consider two possibilities concerning your faith:

1.  That the word is not from God
2.  That you have not received the word that you have heard

I could go deeper into #2, because we know that the enemy is apt to uproot the seed and steal the word from men's hearts.  But in regard to #1 , I do know that when a word is from God, you know!  And you are unmovable.  If there is a doubt that's pulling on you, first try to trust and receive it.  And if you still don't trust, consider that it may not be instruction from God.  The spirit of God will not let you be at peace with a word that is not from God.  The bible says that the spirit will guide you into all truth (John 16:13).  If you believe your own words, this is an active form of self deception. 

The double-minded man also pertains to those that know of Christ but won''t subscribe to the lifestyle.  That man will be unstable in all his ways as well.  I don't know anyone who is living any kind of way and has a stable life.  I haven't met one yet.  So if your life is unstable, draw nigh unto God. 

James 4:8
Draw nigh unto God, and he will draw nigh unto you. (that means we draw to God first.).  Cleans your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye doubleminded.

Edited by Sidney - Feb 15 2010 at 12:36pm
Sponsored Links

loolalooh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2010 at 2:15pm
Thank you so much for this post, Sidney!  I'm bookmarking this Topic so I can read it over and over and over ...

These words are so true.  When I follow "my own word", my life is unstable ... When I follow God's word, everything falls into place.

Amen.
lolabelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2010 at 2:43pm
Amen, so true!
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2010 at 7:18pm
That's a really nice post. Posted at the right time when I needed to see it.
mysterious86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2010 at 10:41pm
thanks
nyqueene View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2010 at 6:39pm
Amen
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 7:40am
Amen, this is the truth!  We won't have stability without God because we weren't created to live without Him.
nyqueene View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 9:55am
Tru. And I just wanted to add that double mindedness brings torment
Sidney View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by nyqueene nyqueene wrote:

Tru. And I just wanted to add that double mindedness brings torment
*waves to Queene* good to see you!  And I agree with your statement.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic