Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women learning 2 defend themselves from rape? Nah!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Women learning 2 defend themselves from rape? Nah!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:56am
I don't see what was wrong with the comment either people do things to protect themselves doesn't mean that you will not get hurt it just makes you feel safe.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:59am
the backlash is coming from adding another item on the guilt trip list

If you've been raped or get raped
- you didn't fight hard enough or train enough?  Did you take self defense classes?

It sends an insulting message

Just like what were you wearing?   Were you by yourself?   Did you lead him on? Why? Why? Why?

Like you didn't do enough to control this sick deranged ass hole that preys on people for a living

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:04pm
I think it's really just frustrating that the onus is always on the victim.  People do take a lot of steps to prevent rape.  I know I wear flats when I go out so I can run.  I travel in groups.  I watch how much alcohol I drink.  If we're talking systematic changes, it really comes down to respect and learning about consent.  Even RAINN talks about prevention.   The problem is we almost ALWAYS talk about what the victim can do.  One article even talked about cutting your hair short, so the offender has less to grab.  Dead
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:06pm
No women shouldn't have to prepare for rape but if it was to happen they could protect themselves.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:07pm
well then...how come we can't be mad at the question rather than her answer? that is if the question was "what can women do..."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:07pm
We can be...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:08pm
so I read the question and to me it reads like "what can women do" not as "what can society do". IMO.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:11pm
Women can continue to hope their friends, family, and acquaintances don't rape them.  That's 2/3 of rape anyway. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:11pm
OT: I find it interesting that these ladies are wearing what we would have called heaux shoes 5-10 years ago. I was looking at the swimsuit fotos and the platform on their shoes is crazy.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 12:12pm
welp...I guess there ain't nothing women can do then. except teach their boys. and that's going to take generations.   *sighs*

Edited by newdiva1 - Jun 10 2014 at 3:06pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>