Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Women inmates sterilized in california .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 2:43am
So they gave her the tubal ligation anyways or they offended her by offering it over and over?
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 7:31am
Sounds like a good idea to me.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 7:50am
shyyyytttttt I wish someone would give me a tubal litigation.
Nicca you in and out of jail with 5 kids and a tubal litigation offends you....man stop.
Dumbasses wanna breed at any cost.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 8:14am

Originally posted by . . wrote:

“Over a 10-year period, that isn’t a huge amount of money,” Heinrich said, “compared to what you save in welfare paying for these unwanted children – as they procreated more.”

“Do I criticize those women for manipulating the system because they’re pregnant? Absolutely not,” Martin, 73, said. “But I don’t think it should happen. And I’d like to find ways to decrease that.”

Martin denied approving the surgeries, but at least 60 tubal ligations were done at Valley State while Martin was in charge, according to the state contracts database.

I don't understand why he is so damn concerned about saving money for welfare.  Folks yelling about their tax dollars being used to fund welfare....Folks don't realize that even if welfare didn't exist, the government would still require high ass taxes from them to fund something else.  It is not their place to lower the debt placed on welfare.

All of this is bullshyt! Ain't no woman getting pregnant in jail, and excuse me if my ignorance is showing, but I'm sure there are more things coerced of women in those prisons.  Are all the COs female? Because I can see tubal ligation being a convenience for other things to occur to them.

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 10:24am
Happens to male prisoners all the time. Don't get what the big hoopla is about.

Once you get locked up you are basically property/slave to that facility. Anything goes unfortunately...

val48066 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote val48066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 10:54am
^^
Sources? 
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

But what about the men that are currently in jail for not paying child support for having x-amount of kids? 

I guess they're in the clear, huh? Sleepy
Right . I bet most of the women are black or Hispanic .
Lamp
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by . . wrote:

“Over a 10-year period, that isn’t a huge amount of money,” Heinrich said, “compared to what you save in welfare paying for these unwanted children – as they procreated more.”

“Do I criticize those women for manipulating the system because they’re pregnant? Absolutely not,” Martin, 73, said. “But I don’t think it should happen. And I’d like to find ways to decrease that.”

Martin denied approving the surgeries, but at least 60 tubal ligations were done at Valley State while Martin was in charge, according to the state contracts database.

I don't understand why he is so damn concerned about saving money for welfare.  Folks yelling about their tax dollars being used to fund welfare....Folks don't realize that even if welfare didn't exist, the government would still require high ass taxes from them to fund something else.  It is not their place to lower the debt placed on welfare.

All of this is bullshyt! Ain't no woman getting pregnant in jail, and excuse me if my ignorance is showing, but I'm sure there are more things coerced of women in those prisons.  Are all the COs female? Because I can see tubal ligation being a convenience for other things to occur to them.

This
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 11:17am
If you cant see the importance of staying out of jail long enough to care for the children you already have then honestly there is no need to keep popping up pregnant.
BUT....

As women, we should be able to maintain our rights to do as we please to our bodies and that includes being able to consent to procedures, regardless to what kind of circumstances it falls under. I cant get with people trying to force me to tie my tubes.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 11:18am
Originally posted by val48066 val48066 wrote:

^^
Sources? 
I have accounts from family members, if that matters. Also, keep in mind that things like this used to happen to people in mental  institutions and hospitals. So like I said earlier, this isn't surprising...at all. This is an account that made it to the public, imagine the other things that are still in the dark...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style