Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Woman Suing NJ for Rejecting Her  License Plate
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Woman Suing NJ for Rejecting Her License Plate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 2:04am
Originally posted by MissinCali MissinCali wrote:

Ahhh!! Get a bumper sticker..

this.
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 5:09am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

LOL

She must be bored as hell do sue nj for some dumb sh*t like this
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

So they review the plates personally?
Yep that's an issue.

mayve been the only one to see the real problem here.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 6:56am
ive got one for her

0BN0X1U5 C11NT

Edited by afrokock - Apr 19 2014 at 6:57am
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 9:55am
Maybe people don't realize that you have to sue to compel the government to change its policy.  She didn't just right out sue them either.  She tried to contact them first assuming it was a mistake.  They repeatedly brushed her off.  The state can't give preferential treatment to any particular religion (or lack thereof even).  If they made it to where no one was allowed to do it, this would even be an issue.  For the people complaining that she's doing too much...they went out of their way to ban the word knowing it's unconstitutional.  Things don't get changed...even the small, seemingly irrelevant stuff..without making a fuss.  It's the principle of the matter and the message it sends.  

By the nature of our very existence, we're not "objectionable"...I'm objectionable for a whole host of other reasons, thank you very much.  Evil Smile
rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Maybe people don't realize that you have to sue to compel the government to change its policy.  She didn't just right out sue them either.  She tried to contact them first assuming it was a mistake.  They repeatedly brushed her off.  The state can't give preferential treatment to any particular religion (or lack thereof even).  If they made it to where no one was allowed to do it, this would even be an issue.  For the people complaining that she's doing too much...they went out of their way to ban the word knowing it's unconstitutional.  Things don't get changed...even the small, seemingly irrelevant stuff..without making a fuss.  It's the principle of the matter and the message it sends.  

By the nature of our very existence, we're not "objectionable"...I'm objectionable for a whole host of other reasons, thank you very much.  Evil Smile

I think what's interesting here is that some of the responses in this thread reflect the majority mindset where unequal treatment for a minority class is usually met with "I don't see what the big deal is". I mean these are black folks that understand the problem of unequal treatment for minorities, no matter how minor, and the effects of having that treatment institutionalized by the government in any way.  They get it.  But when given a chance to be in a majority position over another minority group, in this case, atheists, suddenly none of it makes sense all over again.

Edited by rohan - Apr 19 2014 at 10:24am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 10:22am
I think it's because we're grumpy goats. Cry

rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I think it's because we're grumpy goats. Cry

Hilarious, and that's exactly how I like my coffee.  No kidding! LOL
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 12:45pm
I wonder if "ATHIEST" was also banned? or taken??

eta: as much as I disagree with atheism, the state of NJ set themselves up for this one. But I also wonder, how far can freedom of speech go? Can people use hateful/racist language on their plates?

Edited by leftywefty - Apr 19 2014 at 12:47pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 12:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic