BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Woman sues dr for telling her shes HIV+

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

who give a shiit how it's done? At the end of the day your doctor cared enough about your health when you obviously didn't (who refuses an hiv test?) and because of that now you know you're sick...how you gon repay that with a court case instead of gratitude?

selfish azz

eeerm no.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 10:54pm
I'm sure there are tests, procedures, treatments, information that you would want to give your prior consent for

This lady is fighting to enforce the same courtesy, you'd like to enjoy

keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:21pm
at the hospital I volunteer at, we are instructed to test for HIV for every patient automatically even if they don't ask for it. it is just mandatory. BUT if they specifically say they don't want the test, then no test. some special law makes it possible over here.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:23pm
where do you live keepgrowing?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:24pm
I just wanted to add that i used to work in a family practice and everyone in the office had access to a patient's hiv status b/c the results were faxed in.
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:27pm
How did they perform surgery without testing her for HIV? Wouldn't that be extremely stupid and careless for the doctor and medical staff that performed the actual surgery??? Something does not add up....
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

where do you live keepgrowing?

Houston Texas
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 11:38pm
thank God i live in a country where doctors don't need permission to test you for hiv
that shiit is done automatically with my yearly physical
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:01am

thank God i live in a country where doctors don't need permission to test you for hiv
the same country that recently passed a law (in the last quarter of last year) that says non-disclosure is not a crime even in the event of transmission?

y'all progressive as hell out there

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:01am

Yeah, I thought that if you are pregnant they automatically test you. I remember signing a permission paper both times, but I saw on the tele that some places don't have that requirement.
keepgrowing.....we are fellow Houstonians.

Edited by nicks_hotmama06 - Jan 23 2013 at 12:06am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 17>